Create a rule for a user via command-line

Hello together,

I am new here and I hope I create my Topic right…

I install Zarafa 7.1.14.51822 and I will create a rule\s (forward to or forward as a attachment) for a User via command-line. I do not found some commands that I can create one.

Is this possible or is this working only with a script?

Thank you
kruemel

I think there is no command line tool to create rules.
This can certainly done with scripts, but I wouldn’t know any right now.

But, why do you install ZCP 7.1? You should definitely go with KC 8.3 or later.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Hi Kruemel.

There is a script that can create rules see kopano-rules.py in https://stash.kopano.io/projects/KSC/repos/core-tools/browse

Cheers,
Robin

Hi Robin,

Thanks, I found this script and execute this. I got a error “Import zarafa. Importerror: No module named zarafa”.

• If I coment out this import zarafa I got 3 errors -> main() , in main options args = opt_args and parser = zarafa.parser(‘skpc’) … NameError: global name ‘zarafa’ is not defined …

How can I import the zarafa modul or is this a class?

Thank you

cheers
kruemel

Hi Kruemel.

I changed the script so it works with python-zarafa (no guarantees that everything works), but you need at least ZCP 7.2.0.
ZCP 7.1.x doesn’t have python-zarafa and the the version that can be found on GitHub is not compatible anymore.

ZCP is no longer supported/available so i would recommend to upgrade to Kopano anyway.
https://kb.kopano.io/display/WIKI/Migration+Quick+Start-Guide±+ZCP+to+Kopano+Core

Cheers,
Robin

Hi Robin,

thanks for your help. I will check that and I can make a update to 7.2 or kopano

Thank you

Cheers,
kruemel

Hi Robin,

I test it with 7.2 and it works (thanks), but i have one more question. If I create a rule I will forward all mails which this user get to an forwarded Mail address.

I use the commandline

For example:
python kopano-rules.py --user user1 --create firstrule --conditions "received-from:user3@kopano.com" --actions "forward-to:user2@kopano.com"
How is the command for --conditionis “received-from: ALL” … ?

Thank you

Cheers,
kruemel

Hi Kruemel,

You can use this if the mails is only sent to you

python kopano-rules.py --user user1 --create firstrule --conditions "sent-only-to-me"  --actions "forward-to:user2@kopano.com"

Or if your name is into ‘to’ or ‘cc’ field

python kopano-rules.py --user user1 --create firstrule --conditions "name-in-to-cc"  --actions "forward-to:user2@kopano.com"

You can see all the options in https://stash.kopano.io/projects/KSC/repos/core-tools/browse
Please be aware that listing a rule with name-in-to-cc will shown correctly but it is working.

Regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your help.

Cheers
kruemel

Hello Forum,

python kopano-rules.py --user username --create Forward-Mail --conditions "received-from:user.name@domain" --actions "forward-to:schaden@domain"

gives me this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "kopano-rules.py", line 837, in <module>
    main()
  File "kopano-rules.py", line 831, in main
    rowlist = createrule(options, lastid)
  File "kopano-rules.py", line 604, in createrule
    username = searchusername(server, tmpname)
  File "kopano-rules.py", line 56, in searchusername
    if str(user.fullname) == name:
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)

The first rule i created was successful:

python kopano-rules.py --user user --create Send-To-Schaden --conditions "received-from:user.name@domain" --actions "forward-to:schaeden@domain"  

But i forward to “schaeden@”, not to “schaden@”

After that i did

python kopano-rules.py --user username --list
+--------+--------------------------------------------+-----------+--------------------------------------------+---------+
| Number | Name                                       | Condition | Action                                     | State   |
+--------+--------------------------------------------+-----------+--------------------------------------------+---------+
| 1      | Kategorien der E-Mails l?schen (empfohlen) |           |                                            | Enabled |
| 2      | Send-To-Schaden                            |           | Forward message to schaeden@domain         | Enabled |

python kopano-rules.py --user username --rule 2 --state delete

tried again (with same rulename and after that with another name) but run into this error

Coffee_is_life

I think i fixed it :)

around line 55:

def searchusername(server, name):
    for user in server.users():
#        if str(user.fullname) == name:
        if (user.fullname).encode('utf-8') == name:
            return user

just add the utf-8 encoding.

Now i can create rules again, but it seems the arent working…

+--------+--------------------------------------------+-----------+--------------------------------------------------+---------+
| Number | Name                                       | Condition | Action                                           | State   |
+--------+--------------------------------------------+-----------+--------------------------------------------------+---------+
| 1      | Kategorien der E-Mails l?schen (empfohlen) |           |                                                  | Enabled |
| 2      | ForwardSchaden                             |           | Forward message to another.user@DOMAIN.DE        | Enabled |

But this other user cant receive this mail… the conditikon was:

--conditions "received-from:this.user@DOMAIN.de"

The whole line was:

python kopano-rules.py --user thisuser --create ForwardSchaden --conditions "received-from:this.user@this-domain.de" --actions "forward-to:another.user@this-domain.de"

this user is currenty in holyday, should i use another condition because maybe this rule whould do something if the user actually receive this mail?

Coffee_is_life

OK, this rules wont wotrk but i dont know why…

i got 3 Rules already:

+--------+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------+---------+
| Number | Name                                       | Condition                     | Action                                           | State   |
+--------+--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------+---------+
| 1      | Kategorien der E-Mails l?schen (empfohlen) |                               |                                                  | Enabled |
| 2      | ForwardSchaden                             |                               | Forward message to another.user@this-domain.de   | Enabled |
| 3      | ForwardSchaden2                            | When my name is in the To box | Forward message to another.user@this-domain.de   | Enabled |
|        |                                            |                               |                                                  |         |
| 4      | ForwardSchaden3                            |                               | Forward message to another.user@this-domain.de   | Enabled |

First (index 2) is with condition: recieved-from:this.user@this-domain.de
second one (index 3) is with name-in-to:this.user@this-domain.de
the third one (index 4) is with sent-to:this.user@this-domain.de

But in dagent.log:

Wed Jun  7 08:58:47 2017: [info   ] [ 2837] Delivered message to 'mailarchiv', Subject: "Test Weiterleitung die 3te", Message-Id: <kcim.5937a426.b11.391241d34aab31ff@mailserver.this-domain.de>, size 3607
Wed Jun  7 08:58:47 2017: [info   ] [ 2837] Mail will be delivered in Inbox
Wed Jun  7 08:58:47 2017: [info   ] [ 2837] * PreDelivery processing started
Wed Jun  7 08:58:47 2017: [info   ] [ 2837] * PreDelivery processing done
Wed Jun  7 08:58:47 2017: [info   ] [ 2837] * PreRuleProcess processing started
Wed Jun  7 08:58:47 2017: [info   ] [ 2837] * PreRuleProcess processing done
Wed Jun  7 08:58:47 2017: [info   ] [ 2837] Rule Kategorien der E-Mails l?schen (empfohlen) doesn't match: 0x8004010f
Wed Jun  7 08:58:47 2017: [info   ] [ 2837] Rule ForwardSchaden doesn't match: 0x8004010f
Wed Jun  7 08:58:47 2017: [info   ] [ 2837] Rule ForwardSchaden2 doesn't match: 0x8004010f
Wed Jun  7 08:58:47 2017: [info   ] [ 2837] Rule ForwardSchaden3 doesn't match: 0x8004010f
Wed Jun  7 08:58:47 2017: [info   ] [ 2837] Starting autoresponder for out-of-office message

someone a hint?

//EDIT:
i’ve deleted the rules (they wont work anyways) and now i get this:

File "kopano-rules.py", line 838, in <module>
    main()
  File "kopano-rules.py", line 832, in main
  File "kopano-rules.py", line 786, in createrule
    returncon = storeconditions[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

cant even create rules now…
//EDIT2:

if len(storeconditions) > 1:
        #returncon = SOrRestriction(storeconditions)
        returncon = SAndRestriction(storeconditions)
    else:
        print( len(storeconditions) )    -  line added
        print(", " .join(storeconditions))  -  line added

The length returns 0
the array itself doenst contain vars.

Coffee_is_life

Hi Coffee_is_life,

Can you try the new version.
Removed the GAB check what was causing the unicode error, wasn’t needed anymore
It will now also print the condition ‘received-from’.

No idea what is causing the IndexError can you add ‘print storeconditions’ before line 786

Regards,

Robin

i already did:

print(", " .join(storeconditions))  -  line added

is prints nothing, not even a ", " - so i think its empty
length returns 0

the new version works without unicode-error - check
but i recieve the IndexError aswell

Coffe_is_life

Did you add an condition?
without --conditions

python kopano-rules.py --user user1 --create ForwardSchaden  --actions "forward-to:user3@mailtje.nu"
  File "kopano-rules.py", line 839, in <module>
    main()
  File "kopano-rules.py", line 833, in main
  File "kopano-rules.py", line 786, in createrule

@Coffee_is_life said in Create a rule for a user via command-line:

python kopano-rules.py --user thisuser --create ForwardSchaden --conditions "received-from:this.user@this-domain.de" --actions "forward-to:another.user@this-domain.de"

same with sent-to, name-in-to, name-in-to-cc…

//edit
i tried with --conditions “name-in-t-cc” without an email…
Should i use the mail, name or username for this “name in to or cc”?

//edit2 : ups :) should use '–condition "received-from:this.user@this-domain.de" and it works :)

had just the condition because i thought “name in to or cc” doesn’t need a name/user or mail behind it :)

my bad

///EDIT3
BUT:

python kopano-rules.py --user my_username --create TEST --conditions "name-in-to-cc:my.user@this-domain.de;has-attachment" --exceptions "contain-word-sender-address:Ticketsystem" --actions "forward-to:another-user@this-domain.de"

gives:

File "kopano-rules.py", line 839, in <module>
    main()
  File "kopano-rules.py", line 833, in main
  File "kopano-rules.py", line 770, in createrule
    storeexceptions.append(SNotRestriction(exceptionslist[0]))

Coffee_is_life

Your are right ‘name-in-to-cc’ shouldn’t have a name /mail behind it, will fix it.

Will also check why exceptions is not working,

Can’t promise to fix it this week.

Robin

I’ve set the rule now via the users webapp - so dont rush it :)

feel free to text me if you need a test-subject :)

//EDIT: btw in https://stash.kopano.io/projects/KSC/repos/core-tools/browse the delete-items section has “localize-folders.py” instead of "delete-items.py"
and the “create rule with multiple conditions”-example should switch with “create rule with one condition”-example :)

Coffee_is_life