Unable to get KOE to run

Hi Everybody!

i do not manage to get KOE to run. Did I miss some some requirements?

My test system is an up to date UCS:

• Kopano Core 8.3.1
  • z-push 2.3.7
  • Windows 7 64bit prof. (also tried with win10)
  • Outlook 2013 32bit Version
  • Kopano OE 1.4-209-32bit (according to 32bit MS-Outlook)

Outlook Profile is created with “Exchange Active Sync” and works fine.

KOE Installation runs without error message, but:

In Outlook there is no Kopano Tab in the Outlook Ribbon.

If I klick “File” in Outlook and hit the “Manage Add-Ins” Button, KOE is in the List of AddIns that have caused a slow start, bit it is said, that the add in is not deactivated.

In the Outlook Options -> AdD-Ins the KOE shows up as “inactivated application add-ins”

I don’t find a way to activate it, nor do i find some error-message.

Has anyone a hint for me?

Yours Gerd

Hi Gerd,

When you go to File->Options->Add-ins then Manage COM Add-ins and click on “Go” is there a checkbox next to “Kopano OL Extension”? It should be activated.

Manfred

@manfred said in Unable to get KOE to run:

Hi Gerd,

When you go to File->Options->Add-ins then Manage COM Add-ins and click on “Go” is there a checkbox next to “Kopano OL Extension”? It should be activated.

Thank You! With this hint I now I have got a first Error-Message:

When i activate the checkbox a Message is shown under the list. It says “Ladeverhalten: Nicht geladen. Während des Ladens des COM-Add-Ins ist ein Laufzeitfehler aufgetreten” which means something like “Load behavior: Runtime error while loading COM-Add-In”. (I have a german Outlook).

Could it be that my .Net is too recent? It is 4.7

Yours
Gerd

Hi Gert,

have you checked the KOE log for the hints? It’s located under C:\Users{yourusername}\AppData\Local\Temp (or just go to %temp% in windows explorer).

Manfred

Hi Gerd,

KOE is built against .Net 4.5.2, so you could give that a try. I doubt that would make a difference though, a newer version should be fine.

You could try reinstalling the VSTO runtime from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48217

Patrick

Thanks for Your Help.

Strange enough, there is no logfile at this location. I reinstalled KOE, startet Outlook checked the checkbox you mentioned in your first answer, got the error message i described.

But there is no file with a name that looks like kopano in in %temp%. There is not even a file in there which was modified since reinstallation of KOE and since the attempt to activate it.

I will try it with outlook 2016, but not before Tuesday.

Thanks for your help.

Gerd

The fact that there’s no logfile suggests that KOE is not even started. That could be caused by issues with the .Net and/or VSTO runtimes. You might find some additional information in the system event viewer; Outlook log entries sometimes contain an error or similar.