[Fixed] Error Could not resolve user.

• I’m testing an upgrade of a ZCP install to kopano. I have it mostly working but am seeing an odd error in webbapp.

Sending to local users is fine but trying sending to an external address, user@kopano.io for example, results in a pop-up error “Error\r\n Could not resolve user.”

Searching isn’t coming up with any pointers. Anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Debian 7 x64
    WebApp: 3.4.0.676-474.1
    Kopano Core: 8.4.0-667

G

• for me the same:

Ubuntu14_04
    Core 8.4.0.669
    Webapp 3.4.0.676 or for now Webapp 3.3.0.610-

carsten

• same here.

Centos 7
    Core 8.4.0.669 and Core: 8.4.0-667 (2 different systems)
    web-app or desk-app. bothe have this issue

Additional to this issue with external mail addresses, for mobile clients such as ipad or android phones, mails from external users come without sender name/sender address.

Reading those mails with web-app or desk-app, sender information will be shown.

BR
    Uwe

• ok guys, here is a workaround:

• backup your data (e.g. mysqldump) and attachments (S3 or file if not DB)
    • backup user data with kopano-backup
    • drop database
    • deinstall kopano
    • Install Core 8.4.0-465 and it’s components
    • create users from ldap: kopano-admin --sync
    • restore user data with kopano-backup --restore /path/to/user-backup

attention: after restart of kopano-search, a full reindex occure!

• @byteschubser

Glad you found a workaround :)

I’d like to find a fix for the problem in situ. Dumping and importing a large database would take too long as would reindexing :(

Your workaround does make me think that the database or its schema is the problem.

G

• Problem confirmed with:

WebApp: 3.4.0.680-476.1
    Kopano Core: 8.4.0-644

webapp debug.txt:

[02-Jun-2017 17:58:42] ERROR - array (
      'msg' => 'Undefined offset: 806027522',
      'file' => '/usr/share/kopano-webapp/server/includes/core/class.operations.php:3418',
    )
    [02-Jun-2017 17:58:42]  - '
    @ class.operations.php:3418 - kopano_error_handler(...)
    @ class.operations.php:2810 - Operations->createRecipientList(...)
    @ class.operations.php:1873 - Operations->setRecipients(...)
    @ class.createmailitemmodule.php:211 - Operations->saveMessage(...)
    @ class.itemmodule.php:202 - CreateMailItemModule->save(...)
    @ class.jsonrequest.php:57 - ItemModule->execute()
    @ kopano.php:137 - JSONRequest->execute(...)

core/class.operations.php:3418:

$recipientItem["search_key"] = $user[0][PR_SEARCH_KEY];

++umgfoin

• Kopano

@Galen said in Error Could not resolve user.:

Your workaround does make me think that the database or its schema is the problem.

I must say I doubt that, especially since he also installed on older Kopano version.

I started collection similar reports in https://jira.kopano.io/browse/KC-709 and this suggests that 8.4.0~667 should actually be the newest unaffected version, but it still shows up as broken here.

EDIT: core-8.4.0~644_137 actually seems to be the highest not affected version.

• Hello Felix,
    maybe this problem is related, too.
    Although (but I can’t state with certainity) my impression is, these adressbook-related issues do exist already for a longer time.

++umgfoin.

• Kopano

@umgfoin hm… that should not really touch the same corners of the code. I will add it as a comment though and try to have someone from the webapp team take a look at it.

• @fbartels said in Error Could not resolve user.:

@Galen said in Error Could not resolve user.:

I must say I doubt that, especially since he also installed on older Kopano version.

Had i noticed that a different version was installed i wouldn’t have thought as i did. :face_palm_tone3:
    I had in my head that data out -> fresh install -> data in was pointing to the database.

G

• Hello

where can I get an older version?

• @majoess
    You can’t - especially, if you won’t be more specific.

Community downloads are nightly builds.
    Stable packages are available for Kopano-customers.

Alternatively you might checkout the stable branch from the git-repo and build a working installation on your specific platform.

++umgfoin.

• Seems to be fixed in the latest version ( core-8.4.0~813_153.1 )

• I’ve just tested again with core-8.4.0~825_158.1 and webapp-3.4.0.704_489-Debian_8.0 and the error no longer appears.

G

Looks like your connection to Kopano Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.