Multiple copies of drafts accumulating with Thunderbird IMAP

Re: Multiple copies of same message accumulate in Drafts folder with IMAP.

I am having the same problem as described in this thread.

I have just migrated to Kopano and in Zarafa’s gateway.cfg I had imap_expunge_on_delete = yes.

I also have this in Kopano’s gateway.cfg, but to no avail.

I also tried with mail.imap.expunge_after_delete = true in Thunderbird’s configuration.

I can see expunge commands being sent if I trace communication with WireShark.

Hi Erik

@erik said in Multiple copies of drafts accumulating with Thunderbird IMAP:

Re: Multiple copies of same message accumulate in Drafts folder with IMAP.
I am having the same problem as described in this thread.

What version of kopanocore are you running?

Bo

This one (on Ubuntu 16.04 (obviously :)

core-8.4.90.394_0+59-Ubuntu_16.04-amd64.tar.gz

core-8.4.90.394_0+59-Ubuntu_16.04-amd64.tar.gz

There was a fix [1] on this which got out on 8.4.x and is in the nightlies as well.
I will check if it is broken again.

Bo

[1] https://stash.kopano.io/projects/KC/repos/kopanocore/commits/8758b5f35ca27288924355f6a06d7b40aa66909c

@bosim said in Multiple copies of drafts accumulating with Thunderbird IMAP:

There was a fix [1] on this which got out on 8.4.x and is in the nightlies as well.
I will check if it is broken again.

Please do.

Just to make sure, this is what I have set in gateway.cfg. I migrated that from Zarafa and assumed it would be the same still.

# Internally issue the expunge command to directly delete e-mail marked for deletion in IMAP.
# Set to yes, otherwise drafts will keep collecting until folder
# is compacted in Thunderbird (or other IMAP-client).
imap_expunge_on_delete = yes

Please do.

I’d recommend to upgrade to the newest nightly and try again. It feels like your version was before the fix got merged.

@fbartels said in Multiple copies of drafts accumulating with Thunderbird IMAP:

Please do.

I’d recommend to upgrade to the newest nightly and try again. It feels like your version was before the fix got merged.

I must assume so too. I haven’t been able to find a configuration fault that would explain it.

Upgrading will have to wait some more. This is a production system and unless there are more pressing matters, an upgrade is not very desirable. It will at least have to wait for a new stable release.

Maybe I have overlooked something, but I can’t seem to find any stable releases in the community download area. Only nightly builds seem accessible (from the font page).

stable releases in the community download area.

Yes, that is indeed the case. We only provide binary packages of the release versions to customers with a valid subscription. All non customers only have access to the latest development builds, or through access to the source could compile releases for themselves.

Looks like your connection to Kopano Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.