Update of z-push-common hanging

• I start the update from the repositories and all works fine until i reach the z-push-common package. This part now hangs since more than 1 hour with:

Validating and fixing states (this can take some time):
    Checking username casings: Processed: 141 - Converted: 0 - Removed: 0
    Checking available devicedata & user linking: Processed: 141 - Fixed: 0
    Checking for unreferenced (obsolete) state files:

“can take some time” means how many hours? because since i start the update no clients can connect and syncronise their accounts.

regards
    juergen

• Kopano

Which version are you updating from?
    Have you run “z-push-admin -a fixstates” before? How big is your z-push states directory?

This usually runs a few seconds at most. It should not take long for 141 devices, but it could be that you have a lot of obsolete old state files lying around…

It should be fine to stop the execution of this script.

We have tickets in 2.3.6 to disable the automatic checking on upgrade.

Cheers,
    Sebastian

• Kopano

Hello @Juergen ,

I have moved your post into a new thread, since it was not related to the 8.2.1 release.

The “can take some time” usually really means a few seconds and a minute or two on large system (which is not really the case for 141 devices). I suggest you terminate the “z-push-admin -a fixstate” process. You should probably be able to find the reason for the hangup in the z-push logs.

Looks like your connection to Kopano Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.