Ressource booking, recurring events change single event time won't work
christian last edited by
this is a strange one, but it breaks the WebApp and I have to reload it or when using a DeskApp I have to force it quit and restart.
- How to reproduce: Create a recurring event, every weekday 09:00 to 09:35
- Invite a resource (meeting room) to the event and make sure it actually works as in the room is never busy during that time.
- Invite other people
- Add a separate event that the same meeting room accepts at like 10am to 2pm on Friday the 18.02.
- When everything is saved and the people have accepted all meetings go ahead and change a single event the one 09:00 to 09:35 on the 18.02.2021 “Open this occurrence”.
- Change the meeting to 10:00 until 10:35 and remove the Meeting room from the “Scheduling” tab as it clearly will be busy
- Boom, it breaks, you will get a message stating that the meeting room is busy and you can’t save it.
a) It shouldn’t break as the meeting room is clearly not present in the new meeting you have removed it in step 6.
b) Even if the meeting room would still be present there should be a way to recover from this without having to restart the WebApp. This one doesn’t always happen but often.
c) I’m not entirely sure how, but in my tests I was sometimes able to click on send and it updated the event in my calendar but it did not send it to anybody else and opening this single event (without the meeting room) now always produces the error message that the meeting room is busy.
Work around I found: Delete the single occurrence and create a brand new meeting for this single one.
Sorry for the long explanation but as it is slightly tricky to reproduce I wanted to record the steps.
Is this a known problem and is a solution already on the way?