z-push-ipc-memcached not working with php7 on SUSE

• Hi Kopano Community,
    it is not possible to install the z-push-ipc-memcached package on SUSE or OpenSUSE with php7 cause the package dependencies requires php5-memcached

/bin/sh
    config(z-push-ipc-memcached) = 2.5.1+0-118.1
    memcached
    php5-memcached
    rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
    rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
    z-push-common = 2.5.1+0
    rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma) <= 4.4.6-1

Does anyone know a workaround for this problem?

Cheers
    Tom

• Kopano

Hi Tom,

a workaround would be to get the sources of files which are in the ipcmemcached folder of Z-Push and copy into your system to /usr/share/z-push/backend/ipcmemcached. Then move config file to /etc/z-push/ and add a symlink:

mv /usr/share/z-push/backend/ipcmemcached/config.php /etc/z-push/memcached.conf.php
    ln -s /etc/z-push/memcached.conf.php /usr/share/z-push/backend/ipcmemcached/config.php

(if you’re not using the default folders, replace them with the ones where Z-Push and Z-Push configs are located).
    Make sure you have the necessary dependencies (memcached, php memcached etc) installed.

Having said that, were you able to install Z-Push on a SUSE/OpenSUSE system with PHP 7? Which distributions exactly is it? Did you use one of the Z-Push repositories we provide?

Manfred

• Hi Manfred,
    thanx for the workaround! I will try. But with this workaround I’ve to install the php5 version first to get the z-push-ipcmemcached package first. When I use the official SLES12_PHP7 repo it is impossible to install the z-push-ipcmemcached package.

I use the official SLES12_PHP7 Z-Push Repo!
    Cheers Tom

• Kopano

Hi Tom,

@tbbits said in z-push-ipc-memcached not working with php7 on SUSE:

Hi Manfred,
    thanx for the workaround! I will try. But with this workaround I’ve to install the php5 version first to get the z-push-ipcmemcached package first. When I use the official SLES12_PHP7 repo it is impossible to install the z-push-ipcmemcached package.

I use the official SLES12_PHP7 Z-Push Repo!
    Cheers Tom

no, you don’t have to install php 5. E.g. just download the z-push-ipc-memcached-2.5.1%2B0-118.1.noarch.rpm from the repository you using and extract php files from it.

Manfred

• OK, thanx a lot
    Cheer Tom