plugin - store send mails

• ello
    I want to know if there is a plugin to store sent emails in specific folders, indicating the target automatically or manually after each sent
    thank you

• Kopano

Hi @VincentB,

not as far as I know.

• Kopano

@VincentB
    Perhaps this is something you can script. The only plugin related to moving messages is the PIM folder plugin. But this is all done manually.

• maybe with the rules you can set.

some think like :

• Check message after sending.
    • through name map-account
    • move a copy of the message to folder.

• Kopano

Hi @VincentB,

please disregard what @thctlo was saying. Rules are only executed on delivery and not when sending.

• @fbartels ok, that is also 1/2 correct. we are both telling incomplete info… (oeps)…

Let say it a bit better then.
    For example Outlook , there I can set that, and Outlook then handles that rule. ( not kopano ). ( client rules)
    Kopano only use the rules on delivery (server rules )

better?

• Kopano

@thctlo but this is the webapp subforum, isn’t it? ;-)

• argg… totaly missed that…
    I’m sorry… im getting more koffee here…

• Hi @VincentB ,
    if you have administrative access to kopano-server, your idea could be realized server-side (imho):
    kopano-spooler and kopano-dagent, responsible for outgoing(spooler) and incoming(dagent) mail, both implement a plugin-framework (python), that should be appropriate to handle your task with a manageable effort of python-coding.

A user defined plugin hooks into the delivery process of the aforementioned daemons and will get invoked on below events:

def PostConverting(self, session, addrbook, store, folder, message):
    def PreDelivery(self, session, addrbook, store, folder, message):
    def PostDelivery(self, session, addrbook, store, folder, message):
    def PreRuleProcess(self, session, addrbook, store, rulestable):
    def SendNewMailNotify(self, session, addrbook, store, folder, message):

The prototypes are declared in /usr/share/kopano-spooler/python/plugintemplates.py

But, as Felix, said, this is off-topic for the webapp-forum.
    ++umgfoin.