Special character problem in 3.5.7.2338+95.1



  • Hello!

    I have updated to Webapp “3.5.7.2338+95.1” yesterday and ist shows me some character problems.

    For example “Entwürfe” is now “Entw?rfe”.

    Anything in can do here?

    Thanks


  • Kopano

    @chackl Did you install the correct locale?



  • Hi!
    I use univention with entered Serial in app settings to update…
    I do not know but it worked in the last version.
    I installed Kopano on an univention set up with german.

    Thanks.

    EDIT: I have a second installation with an other serial running on version “3.5.6.2298+94.1” - It still works there.


  • Kopano

    @chackl

    Check your config.php and the fallback language. That locale needs to be installed.
    Please read the release announcement of 3.5.7. It was explained there.



  • Thanks for the hint! It works now.

    For Dokumentation:
    On Univention System in “/usr/share/kopano-webapp/config.php” i have korrected this:

    	// Location to the translations
    	define("LANGUAGE_DIR", "server/language/");
    
    	// Defines the default interface language. This can be overridden by the user.
    	if (isset($_ENV['LANG']) && $_ENV['LANG']!="C"){
    		define('LANG', $_ENV["LANG"]); // This means the server environment language determines the web client language.
    	}else{
    		define('LANG', 'de_DE'); // default fallback language
    	}
    

    Thank you!

    I’ll ask at univention if there is a registry-variable - because i did not find any.


Log in to reply