pdf attachement goes to unknownattachement.dat on moving mai from inbox to shared inbox of different user



  • Hi,

    after updating Kopano from 8.6.2.1 up to 8.6.4.0 on Debian 8, we see the same problem.
    Z-Push was already at 2.4.3+0-0.
    German support was able to duplicate this issue today. It seems as dagent damages some mails but WebApp and Zarafa client always displays the mail correctly.


  • Kopano

    Hi Christian,

    please try the following: in the eml file search for

    Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-15
    

    and replace it with

    Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
    

    (it’s one occurrence only) save the eml and deliver it to the Outlook user with

    kopano-dagent -f path_to_eml username
    

    and check how the attachment looks in Outlook.

    Manfred



  • Ok

    did the change - but that makes it more ugly - the attachement is still .dat but the email body text is now missing the german characters (äöüß)

    rg
    Christian


  • Kopano

    Hi Christian,

    Outlook 2016 behaves differently than Outlook 2013 which I have for testing.

    Is imap feature enabled for the user? If not, please enable it and test again.

    Did you update KC, Z-Push or KOE recently? Did you update Outlook recently? Does the issue persist if you disable KOE in Outlook?

    Manfred



  • Hey guys,
    I can reproduce this issue in a different way. We are still using MAPI with Zarafa connector on some clients. If these clients send mails with attachments, the reciever gets the attachement as “unknown attachement xxxx”. Only in the receivers Outlook the attachements name is this weird. In the senders “sent items” it has its original name and file extension. It doesnt matter if the reciever uses Outlook with MAPI or with KOE, or even with Z-PUSH and KOE disabled. With Deskapp, Webapp, or on mobile the attachement has its original name and filetype.

    This issue appeared somewhere with an update to Kopano 8.6 or later. Maybe 8.6.4



  • I did a bit more of research on this.
    While this is always happening when sending from Outlook MAPI to Outlook ZPush, it is sometimes happening while sending mails from Outlook ZPush to Outlook ZPush. Sadly I dont know which kind of attachements trigger this effect. I can reproduce this issue with one specific PDF, while others work great. Still Webapp and Deskapp are displaying the correct attachment name. It doesnt make a difference if KOE plugin is enabled or disabled.



  • Hi,

    I did a test with the pre-final version 8.6.6.3 and there the attachement is not modified anymore. (ssems to be fixed)
    Additional info: on all mailboxes i had the problem is smtp activted too

    rg
    Christian



  • Hi Christian,
    thx for your reply. In my case external recipients using Outlook with Exchange see this renamed attachement as well. So Kopano must do something strange to the attachement, or mail. As most people do not know what to do with *.dat files, or worse they get filtered by spam/ virus filters, this is quite an issue. I will do an update to 8.6.6.3 and see what happens.



  • @pax

    It seems related to https://jira.kopano.io/browse/KC-1226 which is fixed with 8.6.6.3

    rg
    Christian



  • yepp its definitly fixed with 8.6.6.3. I made the change last week and the issue didnt occur since then.


Log in to reply