I have a very weird situation here, and I’m very sure KOE is broken when it comes to recurring tasks. This prevents further production use of KOE with z-push.
I have recurring items in my to-do list. However, depending on the device I look at, the due-date (Fälligkeit) is different on verious views.
My Outlook uses z-push. There is a weekly recurring item, which has been created and marked as done for at least one time. Then, I fired up another Outlook and synched to that account.
- Outlook says, an item is due 04.06.2018
- webapp says, the same item is due 28.05.2018 (overdue)
- the newly synch’ed Outlook, the item is due 28.05.2018 (overdue)
Accessing the same account using the Zarafa Windows client, it says the item is 28.05.2018 (overdue).
To me, this looks as recurring events are processed locally by outlook, but the change is not propagated back to KC, so other devices do not get the update. Or something like that.
How to reproduce:
- create a task, making it daily recurring and set the start date back to the past (for example, to 28.05.2018), no end date
- mark this item as done. Outlook will mark the item of 28.05.2018 as done, and create a new one for 29.05.2018
- access the account with webapp. You will see two items: the one for 28.05.2018, not marked as done, and a new one for 29.05.2018
- sync another Outlook to this account. It will show the same two items with the same dates.
This proves it’s broken
Now, to have some fun. On the newly synched Outlook, mark the recurring item of 28.05.2018 as done. Outlook will crash.
Next, using WebApp, mark the item of 28.05.2018 as done. You will get an error message: “You don’t have enough rights”. Howver, the item is then shown as done, but it becomes duplicated. You can see the duplicates on all Outlooks, and the same in Webapp.
The current Kopano Groupware Features states that recurring tasks are not supported by webapp or deskapp. My experience is: these tools break recurring items. And they do not work over ActiveSync on multiple devices.
To me, this is a HUGE PROBLEM, as this behavior requires me to fall back to the Zarafa Client, and do not work with recurring tasks on any ActiveSync device.
Would you please confirm this problem?