Wrong email sender with iOS

• Hi,

I’m using z-push 2.4.1 with iOS 11 and imap backend.
    When setting up the account in iOS the E-Mail setting which is used as email sender by iOS, gets always changed to the login name. My login name is aubergine but I want my E-Mail to be left as aubergine@domain.com. I tried everything but it always gets changed.

I guess this is something that z-push does since it worked without problems with z-push 2.2.10 which i used before.

Someone has an idea how to fix this?

• hello @aubergine,

since 2.2.10 is a really old version, i would suggest to downgrade to 2.3.9, stables version in my opinion.
    if this works, update from 2.3.9 to 2.4.1 - maybe there are changes that need dependencies to previous versions.

coffee_is_life

• It happens also with version 2.3.9 and also after deleting the state dir and reinstalling iOS.

• Kopano

Hi aubergine,

what are the values of USE_FULLEMAIL_FOR_LOGIN in z-push and autodiscover configs? Have you tried setting both of them to true?

What is the value of IMAP_DEFAULTFROM in the imap config?

Manfred

• Hi Manfred,

USE_FULLEMAIL_FOR_LOGIN is false (my email address is aubergine@domain.com while the login for IMAP is aubergine)
    IMAP_DEFAULTFROM is ‘’

The autodiscover/config.php is default (AUTODISCOVER_LOGIN_TYPE is AUTODISCOVER_LOGIN_EMAIL) beside:
    USE_FULLEMAIL_FOR_LOGIN is false
    BACKEND_PROVIDER is BackendIMAP

Something is telling my iPhone to set the email address of the account to aubergine instead of using the value I provide. It gets overwritten after I submit the settings on the iPhone.

Regards

• Kopano

Hi aubergine,

please try the following - in autodiscover.php line 92 replace $username with $email, so that the line looks like:

setcookie("membername", $email);

and configure the account on the device again.

Manfred

• Hi Manfred,

I changed that, deleted the account on the iPhone and added it again. Immediately after adding the accounts email address is changed to aubergine without domain again. I can edit it but it gets changed automatically again.

Regards

• Kopano

Hi aubergine,

could you set the autodiscover and Z-Push log level to WBXML and post the autodiscover.log and also corresponding part of the z-push.log when autodiscover login and getting user details happens when configuring a new account on the device?

Manfred