inline.txt

• Hi there,

some mails got attachments with inline.txt cotaining binary data. What’s the reason for this and how can I prevent it?

Thanks a lot

Greetings

Atomius

• Kopano

@Atomius said in inline.txt:

some mails got attachments with inline.txt cotaining binary data. What’s the reason for this and how can I prevent it?

Could you provide some info on the structure of the original mails? Do they have multipart/mixed, multipart/alternative, etc.? You can set the dagent up to dump the raw eml files so you can inspect.

Bo

• Thanks for your fast answer. I downloaded the eml file from DeskApp and opened it with Notepad++ it revealed:

Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
    boundary="=_2FXNfckB9TopvsUfVg0MLEjlGeKnDTaJOyh1uU4Cje9cBv9a"
    X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
    X-Mailer: Kopano 8.1.1-10

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. Your mail reader does not
    understand MIME message format.
    –=_2FXNfckB9TopvsUfVg0MLEjlGeKnDTaJOyh1uU4Cje9cBv9a
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="=_2FXNZ8O3bbdAKRM+33HOR8J6kmFTduybXDF9-SOhOj13uLNc"

–=_2FXNZ8O3bbdAKRM+33HOR8J6kmFTduybXDF9-SOhOj13uLNc
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

• Kopano

@Atomius said in inline.txt:

Thanks for your fast answer. I downloaded the eml file from DeskApp and opened it with Notepad++ it revealed:

Unfortunately this gives the converted message. When a message arrives to kopano it is converted into a MAPI object. On retrieval from webapp/imap/etc it is converted back. The ideal would be if you could configure dagent to saved a copied message and send me the structure of the message.

Bo

• Kopano

@Atomius in /etc/kopano/dagent.cfg set the parameter log_raw_message to yes. Restart the dagent.
    This makes the dagent dump the original email received into a file in /tmp.

We need that one to analyze how the original email looked like before it’s converted into a MAPI object.

• Okay, I’ve done that. Hopefully this option does not consume much space if all messages are stored there. How do I find the right message there, if one with inline.txt appears?

• Kopano

@Atomius it will use additional disk space, how much depends mainly on the type of email you receive (many attachments, higher disk usage).

I would say identify such a newly received email and then grep in the directory to find the corresponding eml, e.g. by grapping the subject.
    Delete the others to avoid wasting too much space.

Looks like your connection to Kopano Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.