Shared categories for all users within one company

Hello there,

WebApp 3.4.0 introduced a new and more user friendly way to edit the available categories. Now different users of one company start to make up individual category names - ending up with different names for what should be only one commonly used category. The category list now looks different for every individual user. I’d prefer a shared list of categories for all users within one company. Coherent category names are important for me as I create category based reports using Python-Kopano.

1. Is there a way to create “public categories” by using the WebApp frontend (as opposed to config.php)?
  2. If not: is it possible to deactivate the feature to add categories for the user (and thus rely solely on config.php)?
  3. Can these user-specific categories be accessed using the Python-Kopano?

I’m using Kopano Core 8.5.80 (with multi-tenancy environment) and WebApp 3.4.3, served with Nginx and php-fpm 7.

Thank you in advance,

Hi Steve,

Categories are personal.
You can set a category in public folder but the color can be different for each user.

1. No
  2. No

Looks like your connection to Kopano Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.