Kopano rules mark mail as "seen"

Hi,

how can i mark mails as seen, when it will be moved to a subfolder?

Jan

Hi @jn ,

do you mean “mark a mail as seen, when it will be moved to a subfolder by a rule”? Currently there is no option in WebApp to have “mark as read” as an option.

Hi,

yes i want the moved mail mark as read/seen - and i know, there is no option in the web app. Therefore my question, how can i do that?
Maybe with a script in the shell, that mark all maila in a subfolder as seen/read !?

Jan

Hi @jn ,

you can find the scripting reference for python kopano at https://documentation.kopano.io/kopano_python_kopano/

Hi,

how can i trigger such script, if new mail will be processed?
and … this script does not work:

#!/usr/bin/python
import kopano
server = kopano.Server()
store = server.user('jn').store
box = store.folder('Inbox/admin')
count = box.count
print(count)
for item in box:
    if not item.read:
        print(item.read)
        item.set_value("read", true)

i got this error:

# ./jnm.sh
False
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./jnm.sh", line 18, in <module>
    item.set_value("read", true)
AttributeError: 'Item' object has no attribute 'set_value'

Jan

Hi @jn ,

not much of a python developer myself, so I cannot directly help on the issue. will forward it internally to see if someone can spot the error.

If you want immediately execute an action if a folder has changed, then we have a mechanism called incremental change system (ics). For an example of it you can look at kopano-search or the kopano-spamd script.

Hi Felix,

thx for your answer.
So i will wait until you get an info from the python developers, because, everything i had tried resolve to the error above.

I will try to use the ics … but, i think it is suboptimal, to parse all mails in a folder to catch the one, who is unread.
Sometimes, a folder could contain thousends of mails. Maybe your developer has a better method then my script above.

Jan

@jn said in Kopano rules mark mail as “seen”:

./jnm.sh

False
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./jnm.sh”, line 18, in <module>
item.set_value(“read”, true)
AttributeError: ‘Item’ object has no attribute ‘set_value’

Just use:

item.read = True

Here is an example:

>>> list(kopano.Server().user("user1").inbox)[0].read
False
>>> list(kopano.Server().user("user1").inbox)[0].read = True
>>> list(kopano.Server().user("user1").inbox)[0].read
True

Bo

Hi,

ok, thats easy. Very well.
Is there a trigger, to start my script and use parameter (like Folder / Mail / …)

Jan