Incident: Call to undefined function mapi_zarafa_getuser()

Date Seen

Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
Apache 2.4.18
Z-Push 2.3.8

Bug Description
If i try to add a task on my iPhone it never shows up in the WebApp and the iPhone screen get stuck. Here are the related logs:

15/12/2017 16:42:27 [ 1670] [FATAL] [USER] Fatal error: /usr/share/z-push/backend/kopano/mapiprovider.php:1689 - Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mapi_zarafa_getuser() in /usr/share/z-push/backend/kopano/mapiprovider.php:1689
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/share/z-push/backend/kopano/mapiprovider.php(1107): MAPIProvider->setTask(Resource id #112, Object(SyncTask))
#1 /usr/share/z-push/backend/kopano/importer.php(433): MAPIProvider->SetMessage(Resource id #112, Object(SyncTask))
#2 /usr/share/z-push/backend/kopano/kopanochangeswrapper.php(357): ImportChangesICS->ImportMessageChange(false, Object(SyncTask))
#3 /usr/share/z-push/lib/request/sync.php(1486): KopanoChangesWrapper->ImportMessageChange(false, Object(SyncTask))
#4 /usr/share/z-push/lib/request/sync.php(508): Sync->importMessage(Object(SyncParameters), Array, 'Add', Object(SyncTask), '15506', false, false, 1)
#5 /usr/share/z-push/lib/request/requestprocessor.php(112): Sync->Handle(0)
#6 /usr/share/z-push/index.php(107): RequestProcessor::HandleRequest()

Steps to Reproduce
Just try to add a task on the iPhone.

Actual Behavior
The task shows up on the iPhone but never synchronizes to the server.

Expected Behavior
Able to add tasks on iPhone and the tasks are in sync with the server.

Troubleshooting/Testing Steps Attempted
I searched through the internet and didn’t find a solution. Removed the tasks folder, recreated several tasks, no success yet. This problem is reproduceable with two different users.

No workaround found yet.

I just found a workaround:

Just replace “mapi_zarafa_getuser” with “mapi_zarafa_getuser_by_name” in /usr/share/z-push/backend/kopano/mapiprovider.php in line 1689.

But i think a “final” fix has to be done within the source package.

The same problem exists in /usr/share/z-push/backend/kopano/kopano.php line 1876 and 1882.

Hi Richard,

thanks for reporting it. You don’t have to create a ticket a JIRA, it’s enough if you post the issue here in the forum.

The issue now is

Dear Richard. dear Manfred

Thank you for your postings. I am having the same issues Richard described and could fix them with the workaround.

My logs only showed the problem in kopano.php.

Debian 9 amd64, MariaDB 10.1, Apache2 2.4.25, PHP 7.0.19, Python 2.7.13
Kopano Core 8.4.90 (community version), Kopano WebApp 3.4.2 (community version), Z-Push 2.3.8

Hi richard, hi fallingdamps,

we’ve released an updated Z-Push 2.3.8 which contains this and a couple more fixes regarding the PHP-MAPI function calls. See for more information.

Thanks for the update. Would it be possible to release this version as something like 2.3.9, or something different than 2.3.8? Because right now the linux package manager doesn’t recognize that there is an update.

Hi Richard,

which OS is it? If it’s debian-based, have you tried

apt-get install --reinstall [packagename]

Releasing a new version with just one fix seemed a bit too much for us.

Hi Manfred,

i already reinstalled the packages.

Looks like your connection to Kopano Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.