ZCP 7.2.5 migration to Kopano Community 22.214.171.1245 store permissions problem
I migrated my home Zarafa server to latest Kopano core community.
I got everything working, but my email store permissions are somehow strange.
When logging in to Webapp 126.96.36.1994, I get “Not enough permissions to open this store, do you want to remove it from the hierarchy ?” when I click on my email store (my Name in the left pane).
Regardless of that error, I can see and send emails, but not my subfolders. They “magically” appear after a while.
Is there anything I can do to fix that ? Any kopano-admin command line to fix store ACLs ?
Or do I have to export my store, create a new one and import it again ?
I couldn’t reproduce this, but a college advised to run this script:
Maybe this will help.
Thank you for your quick reply.
I ran the script but it seems that permissions are already set right on my IPM tree:
Result: IPM_SUBTREE_ENTRYID already matches IPM_SUBTREE! IPM_SUBTREE_ENTRYID: 000000001b344df25c6d4f6fbb47c2ccd7a3da0901000000030000009a3d0958d4c0418fa63967952674d00700000000 IPM_SUBTREE: 000000001b344df25c6d4f6fbb47c2ccd7a3da0901000000030000009a3d0958d4c0418fa63967952674d00700000000
Everything works for another user. This one btw is administrator.
I honestly have no clue where to search here.
Tried kopano-fix-ipm-subreee and kopano-fsck scripts too.
I have done something simili last weekend - ZCP 7.2.5. to Kopano Core - and discover oddities. We work with the last Zarafa Outlook Extension and use MAPI to access Kopano
One of my users gets appointment reminders for events in my (!) calendar. When she looks at her to-do-list, in certain views her to-dos are mixed up with mine.
Any ideas what might be wrong?
Well… up anyone ?
If there isn’t any good way to correct this issue, what would be the good way to export / import the mailbox ?
Using outlook pst export, unhooking the store and creating a new one ?
I’m stuck with my problem, too, and did not find the time to check if a PST export (already done) and re-import fixes the problem.
I will post a message here when I’m done with it, but it will surely take another week or two, as it’s not a serious problem I have to deal with, more an annoying thing.
I’m stuck with my problem, too,
i’ve answered your question in https://forum.kopano.io/topic/804/migrate-kopano-to-pst/4
Any ideas what might be wrong?
could be a bug in webapp, since in your own store you should always have all possible permissions (you are the owner of your own store). if you want to go through the route of exporting and reimporting i’d rather recommend to do this with
kopano-backup. when running this you should then add the option
--skip-metato not export/apply custom permissions.
Thank you Felix.
I’ve actually read the Kopano Webapp source where the error is triggered to see whether I can find anything myself.
I’m willing to do some tests to help isolate the error if needed before going to resolve this by export / import.
a bug in webapp, since in your own store you should always have all possible permissions (you are the owner of your own store). if you want to go through the route of exportin
Thank you, Felix.
I missed your solution in the other thread. I have implemented it a few days ago, and it seemed not to help. In the meantime, the Outlook client has been restarted, and the problem does not occur - I simply forgot I made this probably helpful setting.
For the records, updating to WebApp 3.4.2-1098 fixed my issue, with no other steps involved.