Exceptions during Kopano-Backup

Hello,

I’ve just started reviewing the backups for our Kopano installation and noticed there are two types of Python exceptions being raised (huge numbers of them).

The final line of both are;
DBPageNotFoundError: (-30986, 'DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found')

and

DBInvalidArgError: (22, 'Invalid argument -- /mnt/mintaka.e2eservices.co.uk/Backups/kopano/users/..../folders/911BC1598AF645A7AEC8A7AB564AF0676C0000000000/items: file size not a multiple of the pagesize')

Note the second one happens for multiple users not just one. However it looks like the script completes successfully but I’d like to understand what these error messages are and how to fix them.

Any advice would be apprecaited

Full Stack traces;

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kopano/log.py", line 87, in log_exc
    try: yield
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kopano_backup/__init__.py", line 198, in update
    self.commit()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kopano_backup/__init__.py", line 224, in commit
    item_db[sourcekey] = data
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 279, in __setitem__
    _DeadlockWrap(wrapF)  # self.db[key] = value
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/bsddb/dbutils.py", line 68, in DeadlockWrap
    return function(*_args, **_kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 278, in wrapF
    self.db[key] = value
DBPageNotFoundError: (-30986, 'DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found')
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kopano/log.py", line 87, in log_exc
    try: yield
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kopano_backup/__init__.py", line 204, in delete
    with closing(dbopen(self.folder_path+'/items')) as db_items:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kopano_backup/__init__.py", line 61, in dbopen
    return dbhash.open(path.encode(sys.stdout.encoding or 'utf8'), 'c')
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/dbhash.py", line 18, in open
    return bsddb.hashopen(file, flag, mode)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 364, in hashopen
    d.open(file, db.DB_HASH, flags, mode)
DBInvalidArgError: (22, 'Invalid argument -- /mnt/mintaka.e2eservices.co.uk/Backups/kopano/users/.../folders/911BC1598AF645A7AEC8A7AB564AF0670BAE07000000/items: file size not a multiple of the pagesize')

Hello @robin ,

could you share the version of Kopano you are experiencing this with?

Hello @fbartels

Version information is;

# kopano-admin --version
Product version:        8,3,1,41
File version:           41

Hello @robin ,

can you update to the latest stable release (8.3.4 at this moment) and see if you still get the same error?

EDIT: had a quick chat with a developer meanwhile. It seems for whatever reason the berkeley db files got corrupted in your case. while there are some repair tools available for berkeley db its the easiest to simply drop the current backup set and start fresh.

Can’t update Kopano quickly no, I’d have the schedule email downtime to do the upgrade (Which I will do either way).

I’ll look at just dropping and starting the backups again and see if that solves the problem in the meantime

Hello @fbartels,
I also can not update at the last release, I currently use the 8,3,1,38, I tried to run a new backup and I get the same problem. How can I delete or clean berkeley db?
Thanks for your help

@mast said in Exceptions during Kopano-Backup:

How can I delete or clean berkeley db?

you “just” have to delete the old backup or do a backup into a different folder.