SmartHost experience

• Hi Forum!

we are searching for a ‘SmartHost’-service that is big enough to adequately manage Spam- and Virus-filtering, but is also available for professional support in case of troubles.
    By a SmartHost-service I mean an external Spam-/Virus-filter that we can use to ‘hide behind’ to prevent IP-blacklisting for our customers.

Ideally the service would provide:

• Spam- and Virus-filtering for both incoming and outgoing mail
    • Delivery to and from the service via Postfix via multiple IP-adresses, for customers with redundant Internetconnections
    • Usefull interface to ‘unblock’ false negatives and to ‘train’ false positives
    • Buffering of mail in case our own on-premise Kopano-server(s) is/are unavailable
    • Affordable. It doesn’t have to be free, but is shouldn’t be a moneydrain either. We prefer a per-domain pricing plan

Extra bonus-plus-credits would be:

• Possibility to ‘archive’ (or ‘tap’) both incoming and outgoing messages for later retrieval (for forensic/accountability reasons)
    • Webmail access for end-users to their buffered and/or blocked mail

I assume more of the readers of this forum would be interested.
    Maybe you are using such a service, of maybe you provide such a service.

We would like to know you!

• I am using email services from DuoCircle (https://www.duocircle.com/). They should be able to cover most (if not all) of the functionality you listed. There infrastructure is hosted on AWS, so it is pretty reliable. In the last 3 years I have been using this, there has been no single issue.

• Hi
    We use IKARUS since over 10 years now http://www.ikarussecurity.com/at/

Rg
    Christian

• Hi all,

thanks for the replies!

I have done some investigation and I ended my quest.
    We are moving our customers to ‘filtermail.nl’.

They re-sell the SpamExperts-product hosted on their own servers.

They are professional yet small enough to talk-to-the-tech, and they provide all my basic needs (see original list).
    At the moment they don’t provide e-mail archiving, but they are re-considering that after I explained my wish to use it.

And best of all; they are very affordable; Less than € 2,- per domain per month, for both incoming and outgoing Spam/virus-filtering.

Please understand I have no relation at all with filtermail.nl, apart from being a happy customer of them.
    In the short relation that we have (a few days now) I was realy exited about their support and performance.

Hope this helps someone in the future…!

Cheers, Joost

• Translator

I use MailScanner, plus clamav, plus spamassassin, plus relaydelay (grey listing), plus pyzor and a few others more.

And therefore handle all the incoming and outgoing email directly without an external smart host.

It does require a bit of work, but the advantage is that it is all in house and once you get it right it is in your full control.

Looks like your connection to Kopano Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.