Compiling Kopano Core 8.3.4

• Dear All,

I have tried to compile kopano core version 8.3.4 for myself. The server itself seems to work fine but search deamon does not work. In the log I see the following:

2017-09-14 19:19:12,274 - search - ERROR - Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/log.py", line 87, in log_exc
        try: yield
      File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/service.py", line 97, in start
        _utils._daemonize(self.main, options=self.options, log=self.log, config=self.config, service=self)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/utils.py", line 538, in _daemonize
        _daemon_helper(func, service, log)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/utils.py", line 484, in _daemon_helper
        func()
      File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano_search/__init__.py", line 303, in main
        self.plugin = __import__('plugin_%s' % self.config['search_engine']).Plugin(index_path, self.log)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano_search/plugin_xapian.py", line 7, in <module>
        import xapian
    ImportError: No module named xapian

Probably I have to add /usr/local/lib somehow to python libruary but I don’t know how? Anybody some suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance
    emtie

• OK figured out that xapian is a package that is available in the repositories (python-xapian). Installaed it from respositories (someone should add this to Kopano Core Administrator Manual -> Chapter 13) and the ImportError disappeared. Now the error looks like this…

2017-09-14 22:42:06,083 - search - ERROR - Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/log.py", line 87, in log_exc
        try: yield
      File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/service.py", line 97, in start
        _utils._daemonize(self.main, options=self.options, log=self.log, config=self.config, service=self)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/utils.py", line 538, in _daemonize
        _daemon_helper(func, service, log)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/utils.py", line 484, in _daemon_helper
        func()
      File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano_search/__init__.py", line 309, in main
        self.state = db_get(self.state_db, 'SERVER')
      File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano_search/__init__.py", line 83, in db_get
        with closing(dbhash.open(db_path, 'c')) as db:
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dbhash.py", line 18, in open
        return bsddb.hashopen(file, flag, mode)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 364, in hashopen
        d.open(file, db.DB_HASH, flags, mode)
    DBAccessError: (13, 'Permission denied')

• OK found the solution: Had to change ownership of /var/lib/kopano to the user I am running the deamons with…

• Kopano

Hi @emtie ,

thanks for the hint regarding the manual. I have created https://jira.kopano.io/browse/KC-821 as a reminder to update the listed packages. One thing that directly jumps to my eyes is that boost is not required anymore.

• Hi Felix,

thank you very much.

emtie

• Hi Felix,

perhaps you can help me out once more. I “compiled” webapp aswell and that worked fine. But then I wanted to build files addon and files backend owncloud but that did not seem to work. I copied the source code into plugins subfolder in webapp and did

ant -f /plugins/files/build.xml
    ant -f /plugins/files/build.xml deploy.

and copied everything form the deploy folder into “productive” plugins folder.

After logging in into webapp I got a http 500 error from webapp. The Browser shows the following request leads to this error -> JSON Paramerts

zarafa:Object
    filesaccountmodule:Object
    filesaccountmodule3:Object
    getbackends:Object
    plugin:files

The Apache logs says:

[DBG][BackendStore] Registering external backend: Owncloud, referer: https://webmail.server.int/

as is does on a working environment (installed from nightlies) I compared it to.

What can I do to make it work? I was not able to install all the dependencies cause Ubuntu 16.04 could not find php5-curl for example.

Thanks emtie.

• Kopano

Hi @emtie ,

sorry I am not familiar enough with the WebApp to answer this question. Could you maybe instead post your question over in the webapp subsection?

@emtie said in Compiling Kopano Core 8.3.4:

I was not able to install all the dependencies cause Ubuntu 16.04 could not find php5-curl

Ubuntu 16.04 uses php7 instead of php5.

Looks like your connection to Kopano Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.