Compiling Kopano Core 8.3.4

Dear All,

I have tried to compile kopano core version 8.3.4 for myself. The server itself seems to work fine but search deamon does not work. In the log I see the following:

2017-09-14 19:19:12,274 - search - ERROR - Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/log.py", line 87, in log_exc
    try: yield
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/service.py", line 97, in start
    _utils._daemonize(self.main, options=self.options, log=self.log, config=self.config, service=self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/utils.py", line 538, in _daemonize
    _daemon_helper(func, service, log)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/utils.py", line 484, in _daemon_helper
    func()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano_search/__init__.py", line 303, in main
    self.plugin = __import__('plugin_%s' % self.config['search_engine']).Plugin(index_path, self.log)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano_search/plugin_xapian.py", line 7, in <module>
    import xapian
ImportError: No module named xapian

Probably I have to add /usr/local/lib somehow to python libruary but I don’t know how? Anybody some suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance
emtie

OK figured out that xapian is a package that is available in the repositories (python-xapian). Installaed it from respositories (someone should add this to Kopano Core Administrator Manual -> Chapter 13) and the ImportError disappeared. Now the error looks like this…

2017-09-14 22:42:06,083 - search - ERROR - Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/log.py", line 87, in log_exc
    try: yield
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/service.py", line 97, in start
    _utils._daemonize(self.main, options=self.options, log=self.log, config=self.config, service=self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/utils.py", line 538, in _daemonize
    _daemon_helper(func, service, log)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/utils.py", line 484, in _daemon_helper
    func()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano_search/__init__.py", line 309, in main
    self.state = db_get(self.state_db, 'SERVER')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano_search/__init__.py", line 83, in db_get
    with closing(dbhash.open(db_path, 'c')) as db:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dbhash.py", line 18, in open
    return bsddb.hashopen(file, flag, mode)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bsddb/__init__.py", line 364, in hashopen
    d.open(file, db.DB_HASH, flags, mode)
DBAccessError: (13, 'Permission denied')

OK found the solution: Had to change ownership of /var/lib/kopano to the user I am running the deamons with…

Hi @emtie ,

thanks for the hint regarding the manual. I have created https://jira.kopano.io/browse/KC-821 as a reminder to update the listed packages. One thing that directly jumps to my eyes is that boost is not required anymore.

Hi Felix,

thank you very much.

emtie

Hi Felix,

perhaps you can help me out once more. I “compiled” webapp aswell and that worked fine. But then I wanted to build files addon and files backend owncloud but that did not seem to work. I copied the source code into plugins subfolder in webapp and did

ant -f /plugins/files/build.xml
ant -f /plugins/files/build.xml deploy.

and copied everything form the deploy folder into “productive” plugins folder.

After logging in into webapp I got a http 500 error from webapp. The Browser shows the following request leads to this error -> JSON Paramerts

zarafa:Object
filesaccountmodule:Object
filesaccountmodule3:Object
getbackends:Object
plugin:files

The Apache logs says:

[DBG][BackendStore] Registering external backend: Owncloud, referer: https://webmail.server.int/

as is does on a working environment (installed from nightlies) I compared it to.

What can I do to make it work? I was not able to install all the dependencies cause Ubuntu 16.04 could not find php5-curl for example.

Thanks emtie.

Hi @emtie ,

sorry I am not familiar enough with the WebApp to answer this question. Could you maybe instead post your question over in the webapp subsection?

@emtie said in Compiling Kopano Core 8.3.4:

I was not able to install all the dependencies cause Ubuntu 16.04 could not find php5-curl

Ubuntu 16.04 uses php7 instead of php5.

Thank you, will try it that way :slight_smile: