Stop violating C and C++ reserved names

• Hi,

The last snapshot (1281) of kopano core does not build memory.hpp on OpenBSD/amd64 because ctype ends up being included (I think through cwtype) which already define _U and the like (used for templates in the header file).

According to the C and C++ standard names starting with underscore uppercase letter are reserved. Is there anything wrong with using T instead of _T, U instead of _U and so on and so forth? I see no problem with that on my system.

For a full diff checkout this link. Can this be applied to the official tree? (Actually now that I look at it there is also __p and other stuff that this patch does not fix. Sigh.)

Paul Irofti

• Kopano

Yes, you are right that _ are reserved identifiers (and we should fix it).
    Does it cause a build error in your environment?

• Yes it does. Comes from ctype.h as mentioned in my original post.

• Kopano

This post is deleted!

• Kopano

Some 1550 lines with instances of reserved identifiers have been edited (particularly the short ones also used by ctype). There are more left, but unless there are (still) compile errors, I would prefer doing them in the next devel cycle.

• Hi,

Thanks for your help with this issue. If your changes included the ones I posted in my diff then it surely compiles on OpenBSD and there will be one less patch (58 total) needed for Kopano in my tree.

Paul

Looks like your connection to Kopano Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.