Let me begin by acknowledging that all end-users are stupid… That said, we have a complaint which might be more of a feature request…
So different attachments open differently based on the type of attachment and whether you are using DeskApp or WebApp…
- A PDF will open by default in the Preview Window, however a DOC will not.
- I understand that this is because the Preview Window can display DOCs so the option is not available. But apparently this is too confusing to some users and they would prefer that all attachments open the same way!
- Other users like the Preview Window however they are complaining that when the Preview Window is open, they can view the email - i.e. that the Preview Window doesn’t open up as a separate window or tab.
- When opening a DOC (for example) in WebApp you either get the browser’s download dialog, or it opens directly in the application depending on the browser setting. But in DeskApp it only allows you to save.
- I understand that this is a browser thing, and I’m assuming that the DeskApp settings could be modified if you had Chrome installed. But if you don’t, how do you modify this options?
So I guess my questions/requests are:
Can we have options in WebApp to disable the Preview Window?
Can we allow the Preview Window to open in a separate window or tab?
Can we allow DeskApp to change some addition settings in relation to how it handles files? (Maybe an advanced section)