gateway error message M4LMAPISession::OpenEntry() cbEntryId too small

Hello together,

Since a couple of days, my gateway.log fills increasingly with the following error message:

Fri Aug  4 10:45:31 2017: [error  ] [ 1638] M4LMAPISession::OpenEntry() cbEntryId too small
Fri Aug  4 10:50:32 2017: [error  ] [ 1636] M4LMAPISession::OpenEntry() cbEntryId too small
Fri Aug  4 10:55:32 2017: [error  ] [ 1638] M4LMAPISession::OpenEntry() cbEntryId too small
Fri Aug  4 10:55:35 2017: [error  ] [ 1636] M4LMAPISession::OpenEntry() cbEntryId too small
Fri Aug  4 11:00:32 2017: [error  ] [ 1638] M4LMAPISession::OpenEntry() cbEntryId too small
Fri Aug  4 11:00:35 2017: [error  ] [ 1636] M4LMAPISession::OpenEntry() cbEntryId too small

Is this relevant/need to fix?

Any ideas how?

I am looking forward to your reply

Br br

Hello @bringha ,

additional information are required to give you a response with some actual substance.

• Which version are you running now?
  • Did these error message start around an upgrade?
  • which version have you been running before?
  • Does is only affect a certain user?
  • Are more information in the log if you raise the loglevel?

Hello Felix

• Which version are you running now?

• Did these error message start around an upgrade?
    One week after seemless running and after I have created public store

• which version have you been running before?

• Does is only affect a certain user?
    I don’t really know: The one user is blocked due to the other reason, and I can not see in the logs that this is related to a user

• Are more information in the log if you raise the loglevel?
    Loglevel is currently 5, will bring it to 6

Br br

@bringha said in gateway error message M4LMAPISession::OpenEntry() cbEntryId too small:

which version have you been running before?

this is a really useless piece of information. please give the exact old version or even try if a rollback fixes the issue for you.

OK, then 8,3,0,718 is the old version, Ran since Feb without any issue

As I use it currently towards productive use, roll back would be the last resort.

I would prefer to get some hints how to analyze further.

Br br

Ok, but since the errors started quite a while after the upgrade I wouldn’t say those events are connected.

Since your 8.4 is already a bit older I would recommend updating to the latest version and try again. maybe remove the imap account from your client and add it again, so its freshly synced.