Z-Push doesn't inherit folder permissions

• Hello all,

We’ve migrated from Zarafa to Kopano recently (licensed). And we’re still having a few issues. The most recent issue is with the combination of Z-Push, Kopano and Outlook 2013/16.

We’re very dependent on the Public Folders for our projects. Our structure is as follows:

• Public Folders
      • Projects
        • Project 1
        • Project 2
        • Project …

We’ve set the permissions on Projects to secretary for our users and left the Project X permissions empty.

In the webinterface and MAPI client the permissions on Project X folders are inherited so everyone could use the subfolders.

In Z-Push (with Outlook 2013/2016) the permissions are NOT inherited, so when users move an email to the public folder it gets put back on the next sync (as described in: https://wiki.z-hub.io/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1737238 ).

When we set explicit secretary permissions on the Project X folder moving an email DOES work.

This seems like a regression or are we doing something wrong? It is very important for us to get this fixed. Setting permissions on hundreds of project folders and any future folders would be a burden.

Is this the right place to report this?

Thanks

• Kopano

Hi @talle ,

@talle said in Z-Push doesn't inherit folder permissions:

Is this the right place to report this?

as a customer with a subscription you can also (and i would actually recommend if you depend on answers) open support cases through our portal.

At a quick glance i was not able to reproduce your issue. can you enable wbxml logging for that user and try again? can you post the output of z-push-admin -a list -u outlook-users (replacing “outlook-user” with the correct username). maybe a screenshot how the folder is opened in outlook would be helpful as well.

• Thanks for the response @fbartels, I’ve filed a suport ticket in the Kopano portal with some extra information.

Looks like your connection to Kopano Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.