since the availability of the repositories we are going to change our release procedure in relation to alpha and beta releases, very much like we already did during the beta phase of Z-Push 2.3.0.
You can continue using the pre-final repository, you will automatically get fixes fast and install beta versions.
- When a final is released, in the release/2.3 branch/pre-final repo this version also gets a tag, like version+1-beta0. So, 2.3.0 final in master is called 2.3.1beta0 in release/2.3.
- Changes are going to be continuously merged into the release/2.3 branch.
- By using the pre-final repository you will get these changes when update/upgrade from the repository.
- These changes will be part of the next released beta, but you will have them before the beta is officially released (a released beta is just a bundle of changes).
- 2.3.0 was released (final, in the GIT master branch)
- in release/2.3 2.3.0 is called 2.3.1beta0+0 (same thing, just a different name)
- as changes are merged, the last number will increase, 2.3.1beta0+6 are changes that are going to become 2.3.1beta1. Same as 2.3.1beta1+X are changes that are going to become 2.3.1beta2 (or perhaps final if we consider these changes trivial enough that we don’t release another beta).
This thread is to keep you updated about the changes that are merged into the release/2.3 branch.
Alternatively you could get the same via a GIT checkout of the release/2.3 branch.
This topic is analog to https://forums.zarafa.com/showthread.php?12739-Z-Push-2-3-x-beta-pre-final-updates
If you have any feedback about the version, please open a new thread mentioning the exact version number logged in your z-push log.