@fbartels said in Installs Failing on Key Enterprise Platforms:
@scottalanmiller said in Installs Failing on Key Enterprise Platforms:
CentOS 7 / RHEL 7 is the primary target here as it is the only fully current version that is available from most hosts.
what you’re writing does not make much sense. What hosts? What is your goal?
Hosts like Digital Ocean, Vultr, Linode, etc. Our goal is…
- Test Kopano vs alternatives
- Test for use in a production environment
- Which means production, vendor supported OS base
- Also that the installation is official (not PAID support) from Kopano
- That the installation is repeatable, working and intended (Kopano expected it to work)
- To find out if the community is good and responsive and helps fix issues or throws people under the bus
- To be able to deploy to the majority of common cloud computing hosting environments without needing an ISO load
- And if all of the above (which all competitors we considered passed no issue) to test if the product is competitive with alternatives.
Only looking for the most minimum level of stability and production readiness that you would ask of any software that you intend to use. I’m flabbergasted that people have been questioning these things. I really don’t know how to explain it differently.
Of all of the questions that I asked, they all ended with “use a different OS” or pay up to get it to work… except the only question that I posted where it was the official everything, by the book that didn’t work, everyone was silent even when the other threads pointed me to do just that. And it is where we started, we only tested Ubuntu 16.10, for example, in the hopes that the supported OS list was out of date and giving Kopano the benefit of the doubt. We started by following the docs to the T, using the OS that people have been pointing me to and so forth.
And when I post that that doesn’t work, no responses.