kdav carddav support
.I am trying to get kdav to work on Ubuntu 20.04 with Kopano 8.7.25
Caldav works fine for the users own calendars. Requesting the calendar of another user because it os beeing shared does not work, but wirh the current ical server kdav is not needed.
Carddav does not work at all. If I test it with an Android app it tells me everything is fine, Even a test download was successful. But nothing will be synced. I tried it with KAdressbook from KDE too
To get my calendar I have to add s suffix /calendars in the url. For contacts i tried root and principals/myuser
I have configured my apache to provide a subdomain kdav and in the config.php i removed the kdav subdir. So it is basically https://kdav.mydomain.de
So far no error is shown in the logs.
Do I need to use a different path in the url?
Is some other config missing?
<d:error xmlns:d=“DAV:” xmlns:s=“http://sabredav.org/ns”>
<s:message>There was no plugin in the system that was willing to handle this GET method. Enable the Browser plugin to get a better result here.</s:message>
Some dependency seems to be missing. A prior error was more clear and helped to find out that the deb package php7.4-sqlite3 was missing in my system. Just did not need it before.
Succeeded a little after setting DEVELOPER;MODE to true in config.php.
As url I would set https://kdav.mydomain.de/addressbooks/myuser.
After a strange error in the browser while browsing down to a single vcf file it now works downloading a vcf using the browser.
But KAddressbook still does not work. Might be an issue there? I will try a different application.
the strange error returns in Evolution
REPORT: HTTP-Fehlercode 500 (Internal Server Error): 3.2.2
Invalid Mimedir file. Line starting at 14 did not follow iCalendar/vCard conventions[sabredav-version][exception][message]«.
error resists in browser if I manage to pick the “right” vcf.
I turned on tracing. So now I can see the contacts causing trouble and which line is meant
TEL;TYPE=WORK:(0511) xxx xxx
and the error says “Invalid Mimedir file. Line starting at 9 did not follow iCalendar/vCard conventions”
This would be the second line of the adress. I have seen vcf files handling a line break as shown in the webapp with semicolons. The export in webapp for the same contact even produces an empty line between the city and the rest of the adress.
If this is not what the vcf standards expects it is also wrong in webapp?!?
EDIT: trouble seems to be that every part of the adress was saved in the street field. So street field should not have line breaks? Could be hard to give a correct adress in countries where a PLZ is not very common, might be a street and a description of the house. Or if the appartment number has to be given. So having multiple lines in the street field is useful wherever things are not that organized like we are used to ;-)
@marcusrieche same problem with contacts with notes which are more likely to be multi lined. I can fix the adresses because my contacts usually have german adresses. But notes is the only fix to put everything in one line or delete the note in webapp.
@marcusrieche I had some groups in my contact list. These caused another error type which I could not figure out. I deleted them.
After a long evening cleaning up my contacts everything got synced. I have observed the mess with the adresses got mixed up into the street field before. It kopano does not even have different fields in its database it might be an explanation (and an honest approach to cover world wide adresses). I did not figure out when it gets mixed up. I usually have an Android device synced with Active Sync.