More Invitation Calendar issues
raiden last edited by
I am having the exact same issue. I have 2 computers running Outlook 2019 and the latest Z-Push from develop (git hash: e28a285c96a Dec 10th 2020) and when I send a Meeting invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com via email (and even accepting it), I see the meeting invitation saved on the caldav server on the firstname.lastname@example.org calendar but when the email is received on the email@example.com account [and accepted], It saves the meeting in the local calendar but it does not save it on the firstname.lastname@example.org caldav server.
Here is my current setup
- php 7.3.26
- Latest exim 4.94/dovecot (2.3.13)
- Latest Z-Push version of develop from git.(e28a285c96a) Dec 10th 2020 [Combined backend, imap, caldav, carddav]
- Latest Sabre-dav 4.1.3 (For CalDav + CardDav using IMAP for authenticating + sqlite for data)
- 2 computers with Outlook 2019
- Sabredav web interface to see/verify each user account’s iCalendar’s (*.ics) files that are stored/saved on the server so I can see if calendar events are actually saved.
- email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org email accounts with default 'Calendar’s.
Here what I did
- On computer 1 that has Outlook 2019 installed and setup as email@example.com with a default ‘Calendar’ setup.
- On computer 2 that also has Outlook 2019 installed and setup as firstname.lastname@example.org with a default ‘Calendar’ setup.
- On computer 1, I opened up Outlook 2019 that has the email@example.com account setup and create a ‘New Meeting’ meeting. I send the invitation to firstname.lastname@example.org and click ‘Send’.
- I see on email@example.com Calendar that it’s saved locally in Outlook and when logging into the Sabredav web interface, I see it created a Calendar event (*.ics) on the Caldav server which is good. This allows me to verify if Outlook actually saved the event on the Caldav server.
- On computer 2, I opened up Outlook 2019 that has the firstname.lastname@example.org account setup. I see the email and it added it locally in my Outlook 2019 calendar. (but not auto-accepted). If close/re-open Outlook 2019, I see it only in my local Calendar. (slightly shaded)
- I checked the Sabredav web interface for email@example.com and I don’t see any Calendar event added to that calendar. (Just to verify if it actually saved it)
- Now on my firstname.lastname@example.org calendar, I have clicked on “Accept” and it sends and email back to email@example.com with the accepted event. Now the event is solid color and accepted in my local calendar.
- I checked the Sabredav web interface again for firstname.lastname@example.org and still, I don’t see any Calendar event saved on the Caldav server. Shouldn’t Outlook have saved it to the Caldav server?
Something is seriously wrong.
Just to make sure I have a clean environment during every test, I wipe out all the environments.
- Delete all emails on test1+test2 email accounts.
- Delete/Wipe out + re-setup test1+test2 caldav calendars setup in sabredav.
- Delete all the files in the z-push /data directory and restart php.
- On both computers running Outlook 2019, Delete all the files from the Outlook data files directory.
I hope we can get this fixed.
- php 7.3.26
with a default ‘Calendar’ setup
What exactly is a default calendar setup? Are there any other accounts configured in outlook?
To see if outlook actually tried to sync the item back to the calendar a wbxml log would be helpful: https://wiki.z-hub.io/display/ZP/Debugging
bob4os last edited by
I don’t know if it still matters - I have had this issue too, for me it came from not defining the default path for your caldav collection in backend/caldav/config.php.
Here is how I configured my default path for Nextcloud:
// Base URL to principals calendar collection: use ‘%l’ for local part or ‘%u’ for full username
// Default CalDAV folder (calendar folder/principal). This will be marked as the default calendar in the mobile