Incident: No sender on iPhones since latest kopano update

Date Seen

Versions
Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
Apache 2.4.18
Z-Push 2.3.6
Kopano 8.4.0-728

Bug Description
Since the latest update to kopano 8.4.0-728, if i a receive mails there will be “no sender” on all mails. The sender is okay if i view the mail via kopano webapp.
0_1496733535260_iphone_inbox.jpg

Severity
Major

Steps to Reproduce
Update to the latest kopano and z-push version, send some mails and view it on an iPhone.

Actual Behavior
“No Sender” in mails on iPhone.

Expected Behavior
iPhones are able to show up the sender.

Troubleshooting/Testing Steps Attempted
I searched through the internet and didn’t find a solution. There are no errors in the logs.

Workaround
No workaround found yet.

Hi,

sounds quite similar to https://forum.kopano.io/topic/315/kopano-core-8-4-0-sender-problems-after-upgrade. which version have you been running before?

Hi,

i was running version 8.4.0-553 before.

Regards
Richard

I am now collecting this and similar reports in https://jira.kopano.io/browse/KC-709

Edit: for the Z-Push part a wbxml log when syncing such a message could be helpful.

In my opinion the priority of the related ticket has to be “critical”. I am not able to answer most of my emails.

Regards
Richard

@darootler said in Incident: No sender on iPhones since latest kopano update:

In my opinion the priority of the related ticket has to be “critical”. I am not able to answer most of my emails.

Regards
Richard

Agreed. Plus I am not even able to see who was writing if the text is not clear about it. It is little more than a medium issue. Because I will not use a version including this error. Which also results in not getting other fixes which may be relevant for security.

Higher priorities are reserved for issues in production code and experienced by subscription holders, but I changed it now from medium to high.

Regardless of that a pull request with a potential fix was opened two days ago and is currently in review.

issue should be resolved with >=8.4.0~813