I want to migrate from Dovecot to kopano. Is there a way to do that without resetting Passwords?
For Dovecot there is the “Master-User” Feature, so I can use the kopano-migration-imap tool and log in to get the mailbox content without knowing the PW.
But the kopano-migration-imap also needs the pw of the Kopano Account to put the mails in.
Is there a way to use something like a master PW here too?
Thanks for any hint…
P.S.: 'Till now my migration plan looks like this:
Starting situation: UniventionDC-Master with Dovecot IMAP Server.
Wanted situation: Univention DC-Master with Kopano on
- Install a intermediate UCS DC-Slave with Dovecot
- Change all users to use the new DC-Slave as Mail Server in Univention Management Console. This auto creates empty dovecot mailboxes on the DC-Slave by the univention notifier/listener mechanism
- rsync dovecots maildir from DC-Master to DC-Slave
- Konfigure Master-User for Dovecot on DC-Slave
- Uninstall Dovecot from DC-Master
- Install Kopano on DC-Master
- Adding the Kopano-user-role to all users in Univention Management Console. This autocreates ldap authenticated kopano mailboxes for all users.
- Use the kopano-migration-imap tool to sync the Mails back from DC-Slave to DC-Master. Reading mail is no problem (dovecot master user) but putting mails back into Kopano does not work because the tool needs the user PWs