KC 8.7.1 and ZarafaClient

• Hi Kopano community.

We have upgraded our Kopano-Core to the latest 8.7.1 version.
    Now the old ZarafaClient does not work anymore.
    If you start Outlook you get a “Outlook is not ready” and a windows troubleshoot windows, which does nothing.

Is there anything i can do to reactivate Outlook?

We have Outlook 2016 with Windows 10 in use.

Cheers
    Basti

• I’ve just done a test upgrade to 8.7.1, through the repositories as we are a paying customer, and the Outlook client appears to work just fine. We are using Outlook 2010 and Windows 10.
    David

• Actually I never saw Zarafa Client for Outlook working with Outlook 2016 - maximum supported Version ist Outlook 2013 and only with Patches until April 2017…

If you want to use Outlook 2016 with kopano - please use the ActiveSync way and don’t have large mailboxes (as stated in some doc maximum 10 GB, but this depends much on hardware in use).

Andreas

• I have zarafa client 6.30.9 working with office 2016…
    trick is, install office 2003, now install zarafa client, setup a profile through the configuration screen e-mail, now install office 2016…

And hee it works ;-) , so yes, you can get this working if your really want.

• @thctlo

Have you got any idea about my aching stomach regarding this? - I’m quite sure that this is on total unsupported track place no 1 ;-)

Andreas

• yes, correct, its totally unsupported.

• We run zarafaclient-7.2.6-52190 with outlook 2016. Mostly it works.

• make a roll-back from office, stop the microsoft upgrades, also in outlook

cmd as administrator

Office 2015
    cd %programfiles%\Microsoft Office 15\ClientX64
    officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=15.0.4911.1002

Office 2016
    cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun
    officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.9330.2124

works like a charm