z-push+zimbra backend issue ?



  • Hi to all,
    I’ve z-push (2.4.5) + Zimbra68 backend installed on the same server, and working, but::
    I have a small number of os users configured to use this, 7 precisely, using Outlook 2013 / iPhones / Android devices.
    I’ve seen some issues on the iPhones, since the others aren’t complaining, yet.
    Issues are related to some synchronizations issues and slowness on access emails on mobile devices.
    Today I could see the issue reported on my own device, I opened an email and couldn’t see its content, it only shows the message ‘Loading’ and don’t load the message.
    z-push-admin -a list -u -d gave me a list of ‘loop’ problems, but even after a clearloop, a fixstates and a resync, it didn’t download the contents of the messages, in the end, I’ve deleted the account on the device and resynched it, that seems to have solved the issue, but didn’t give me a way of knowing what was the issue in the first place.
    It’s a large email server, so performance should be the RC …

    Can someone point me in some direction to better fix/understand what is causing this ??

    Best regards.
    JG



  • Does zpush reside on the same server as zimbra? I’d think about DNS or some lagging of sort.
    Maybe Zimbra is trying to reverse lookup your zpush server and takes more than expected?

    Is your zpush configured to zimbra’s nginx port or to java directly?



  • @maxxer said in z-push+zimbra backend issue ?:

    Does zpush reside on the same server as zimbra? I’d think about DNS or some lagging of sort.
    Maybe Zimbra is trying to reverse lookup your zpush server and takes more than expected?

    Is your zpush configured to zimbra’s nginx port or to java directly?

    Hi, and thanks for the reply.

    Yes, Z-Push is installed on the same server as Zimbra, and it’s using Zimbra Nginx port.

    Yes, definitely some sort of lagging, but I can’t see where and how I can’t see anything on the logs.

    That’s why I posted here, to see if someone can shine some light on this matter.

    Regards.



  • did you check zpush logs or zimbra’s mailbox log?

    did you whitelist zimbra public IP in DosFilter?



  • @maxxer said in z-push+zimbra backend issue ?:

    did you check zpush logs or zimbra’s mailbox log?

    did you whitelist zimbra public IP in DosFilter?

    Hi, yes, I have checked the several logs ::
    zimbra.log / z-push.log / z-push-error.log --> but no hints on them.

    I haven’t whitelisted the public IP of Zimbra, since AFAIK that’s not necessary on a ‘same server’ installation, but I can be wrong of course.
    Can you provide more info on the need of whitelisting the Public IP of Zimbra ?

    Thanks and regards.
    JG



  • @jasgggit if you use https://you.host-.name/ as Zimbra upstream server in Z-Push it will access zimbra’s public facing ip address (i.e. eth0 address). This means you must whitelist the device IP in DoSFilter. Check here.



  • @maxxer said in z-push+zimbra backend issue ?:

    @jasgggit if you use https://you.host-.name/ as Zimbra upstream server in Z-Push it will access zimbra’s public facing ip address (i.e. eth0 address). This means you must whitelist the device IP in DoSFilter. Check here.

    Thank you for your reply.

    My sync*.log’s are empty, so, I think I’m not suffering from DoSFilter Issue, also my ‘public’ IP for the eth0 is an internal IP. not public, as I’m NATting the Public->Internal IP’s. I’ve checked the link

    So, when you say that I’m accessing the https:/my-hostname it’s really an internal IP or even 127.0.0.1.

    The DNS resolution points to my internal IP, not the external one.

    Also, not sure if it’s related, I see a lot of these messages, on the accounts that have mobile clients:

    Broken object:	'SyncMail' ignored on '2019-03-21 00:46'
    Information:	Subject: '[Success] GCFDCFS01 (1 machines) ' - From: 'no-reply-veeam9@domain.com'
    Reason: 	Message was causing loop (2)
    Item/Parent id: 75757/f2
    

    Regards.
    JG



  • It’s unlikely that even in NATted installation your public hostname resolves to 127.0.0.1. It should always point to the eth0 IP because Zimbra binds certain port to that address, and if it’s localhost you will have certain services available only in loopback.

    DoSFilter logs to mailbox.log, you should check there. But in case you got trapped here you would have noticed errors in z-push-error.log.

    About the broken object I don’t think it’s really an issue. May happen, but if it’s logged it should have been taken care (or just ignored). If it happens often it could possibly slow down sync, because instead of sending a block of object it has to try and retry with smaller chunks, but I don’t think this could mean a delay of minutes or hours.

    I’ve no more ideas, you try creative ideas to figure it out :)


Log in to reply