kopano-migration-pst corrupts rich text mails

Hello,

I imported my old mails with kopano-migration-pst into my server. Unfortunately the content of all mails with rich text was destroyed.

Example result:
lang1031Arial1lTahomavwkd4Slht Nhri fu muweirh sportlbrde4tig,nrdwas ausdrkst. Wiald neuepat Woedas d6AufuCiaU v.dBMbwass1717tp:.crosss.bmilto:.Mar@GMX.a

Hi @bmaehr ,

can you specify the version you are experiencing this with? And which client are you using? Most of our clients actually don’t support viewing rtf content.

Im using the latest nightly and Outlook.
I created a testfile (pst with one mail) if you are interested.

@bmaehr said in kopano-migration-pst corrupts rich text mails:

Im using the latest nightly

Please post the exact version, what is the latest nightly today, most likely won’t be tomorrow and definitely not a few weeks from now.

and Outlook.

How is outlook connected?

I created a testfile (pst with one mail) if you are interested.

Yes, that would be required to further investigate. If you have a subscription you could open up a ticket for this, if you don’t have a subscription you could send the file to feedback at kopano dot io.

Hello,

I don’t think it is a problem of just one nightly but here is the information: core-8.6.80.1018_0+152-Ubuntu_18.04-i386

Outlook is connected by ActiveSync. Not only in Outlook but also in Kopano Webapp the text ist destroyed. That’s why I think the problem is in kopano-migration-pst.

The priority is low, because even if you find and fix the bug, I’m net sure if I will be able to replace the (hundreds) of old damaged mails with fixed copies.
I will send the testfile to the mail address…

Outlook is connected by ActiveSync. Not only in Outlook but also in Kopano Webapp

I must say neither of those clients will show you a rtf message anyways (WebApp is AFAIK incapable of showing rft and adtivesync only transmits plain and html as well). But I’m looking forward to your test file.