MAPIProvider->imtoinet(): got no stream or content from mapi_inetmapi_imtoinet()

Dear,

I have the latest official kopano release (8.5.8.2) with z-push 2.4. I have an account that doesn’t want to sync in outlook 2013 with the server. it loads the folder structure but doesn’t show any messages in any folder.

I see the following in the z-push error log (continuously):
MAPIProvider->imtoinet(): got no stream or content from mapi_inetmapi_imtoinet()

Any idea how to fix this?
In webapp the emails are visible.
regards,
Joost

Hello @joost001,

can you post the wbxml log from the client when try to sync?
located under %localappdata%/temp/Kopano OL Extension.log

coffee_is_life

Hi Joost,

please also post the z-push-admin output for that user and Z-Push WBXML log for that user.

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

I copied all log files and posted them online. I have posted you the link in pm.

Joost

Hi Joost,

it looks like the issue described at https://jira.z-hub.io/browse/ZP-1412. We fixed it in Z-Push 2.4.2. Its beta was released on Wednesday, if you want to give it a try: https://forum.kopano.io/topic/1357/z-push-2-4-2-beta1-released.

Manfred

Hi Manfred, I updated to the latest z-push version (2.4.4+0) but the problem still exists with this user. Is there anything else I can check?

Joost

Hi Joost,

is it still the same problem? Have you tried creating a new Outlook profile for that user? Without logs it’s difficult to say anything for sure.

Manfred

Hi Manfred,
I have posted the log files in PM. Also with new outlook profile I have the same issue.

Joost

Hi Joost,

aren’t there any messages at all?

There more than 29000 messages in one of the folders (I guess it’s the Inbox) and it looks like the same messages are being sent to Outlook over and over again. Some of them are broken and Outlook is not able to process the response (my guess is the ones which cause “got no stream or content from mapi_inetmapi_imtoinet()” error as they have no Data tag which contains the full mime message and Outlook parses it to create its local email).

When you open such an email in webapp, do they have a body or is it empty (e.g. WERKBLADEN received on the 2007-10-29 at 10:36:06)? Did you try to create the profile and sync only one month instead of all messages?

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

I resolved the problem for the specific user by doing the following:

• took a new backup for the specific user from the old zarafa mailserver (using kopano-backup)
  • took a backup of the newer email items on the new kopano server (using kopano-backup with filter)
  • created a new store and linked it to the user
  • restored both backups
  • recreated a new profile on the win10 (incl kopano outlook extension)

After the first sync, all is working fine and no errors anymore;

regards,
Joost

Hi Joost,

quite a laborious workaround but good to hear you’ve managed to solve the issue.

Manfred