Nextcloud and z-push - caldav will not sync anything...

Hi guys,

My goal is to setup an email server that synchronizes between several devices. For that I installed this server, nextcloud and z-push.

Now I am at the testing of the z-push part. I successfully managed to get the imap sync with z-push running as well as the carddav. Now I am on the caldav part, which drives me CRAZY. I followed mostly the instruction I found on the nextcloud forum ([here]). So I changed the path in the caldav config.php of z-push backend to “define(‘CALDAV_PATH’, ‘/nextcloud/dav/calendars/%u/’);” and changed the “define(‘CALDAV_PERSONAL’, ‘personal’);” to as it is shown here. In addition I change the server to my ip as i am testing internally only right now. The protocol is still the same (https) and the port of course is 443. I also change the sync setting to true and false and tested both. So what happens is when I enter the IP of my server followed by “/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync” I get “The page isn’t working” error messages. This does of course not tell me anything. When I do the same for Carddav that works perfectly fine and I get only the links to z-push and the “Get is not supported” message.

I am looking for some help and guidance on what I can still change in the caldav backend in z-push in order to get that last piece working. One more information that might important I added /usr/share/awl/inc in the /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini “include_path” and activated the PHP7.0-FPM in Apache. I read somewhere that that should help but it did not do anything for me.
Please, please, please give me some guidance on how and what I still can change in order to make the calendar sync working.

Thanks so much in advance.

realshadow

Hi realshadow,

are there any errors in Z-Push and apache logs when you’re testing the caldav backend?

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

yes there are. The first excerpt is from the Apache log and it repeats itself a few times. so I only post 3 lines here

[Tue Mar 27 11:42:24.269886 2018] [:error] [pid 23980] [client 69.196.80.162:35257] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘XMLDocument.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/awl/inc’) in /usr/share/z-push/include/z_caldav.php on line 15
[Tue Mar 27 12:15:35.224488 2018] [:error] [pid 23977] [client 69.196.80.162:53887] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘XMLDocument.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/awl/inc’) in /usr/share/z-push/include/z_caldav.php on line 15
[Tue Mar 27 12:27:55.680938 2018] [:error] [pid 23978] [client 69.196.80.162:54793] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘XMLDocument.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/awl/inc’) in /usr/share/z-push/include/z_caldav.php on line 15

the following is from the z-push log.

27/03/2018 11:42:01 [23978] [WARN] [USER] /usr/share/z-push/include/z_caldav.php:15 require_once(XMLDocument.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory (2)
27/03/2018 11:42:01 [23978] [FATAL] [USER] Fatal error: /usr/share/z-push/include/z_caldav.php:15 - require_once(): Failed opening required ‘XMLDocument.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/awl/inc’) (64)
27/03/2018 11:42:24 [23977] [WARN] [USER] /usr/share/z-push/include/z_caldav.php:15 require_once(XMLDocument.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory (2)
27/03/2018 11:42:24 [23977] [FATAL] [USER] Fatal error: /usr/share/z-push/include/z_caldav.php:15 - require_once(): Failed opening required ‘XMLDocument.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/awl/inc’) (64)
27/03/2018 11:42:24 [23980] [WARN] [USER] /usr/share/z-push/include/z_caldav.php:15 require_once(XMLDocument.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory (2)
27/03/2018 11:42:24 [23980] [FATAL] [USER] Fatal error: /usr/share/z-push/include/z_caldav.php:15 - require_once(): Failed opening required ‘XMLDocument.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/awl/inc’) (64)
27/03/2018 12:15:27 [23979] [ INFO] [unknown] AuthenticationRequiredException: Access denied. Please send authorisation information - code: 0 - file: /usr/share/z-push/index.php:56
27/03/2018 12:15:27 [23979] [ INFO] [unknown] User-agent: ‘unknown’
27/03/2018 12:15:27 [23979] [FATAL] [unknown] Exception: (AuthenticationRequiredException) - Access denied. Please send authorisation information
27/03/2018 12:15:27 [23979] [ INFO] [unknown] cmd=’’ memory=‘1.55 MiB/2.00 MiB’ time=‘0.02s’ devType=’’ devId=’’ getUser=‘unknown’ from=‘69.196.80.162’ idle=‘0s’ version=‘2.3.9’ method=‘GET’ httpcode=‘401’
27/03/2018 12:15:35 [23977] [WARN] [USER] /usr/share/z-push/include/z_caldav.php:15 require_once(XMLDocument.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory (2)
27/03/2018 12:15:35 [23977] [FATAL] [USER] Fatal error: /usr/share/z-push/include/z_caldav.php:15 - require_once(): Failed opening required ‘XMLDocument.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/awl/inc’) (64)
27/03/2018 12:27:55 [23978] [WARN] [USER] /usr/share/z-push/include/z_caldav.php:15 require_once(XMLDocument.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory (2)
27/03/2018 12:27:55 [23978] [FATAL] [USER] Fatal error: /usr/share/z-push/include/z_caldav.php:15 - require_once(): Failed opening required ‘XMLDocument.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/awl/inc’) (64)

all in all it all revolves around that usr/share/awl/inc folder but I just can’t get a proper grip on that.

Thanks for your support.

realshadow

F… me. I think I just found it. After I posted the logs above it made me think going into the folder that was not working above (AWL/etc…). The folder didnt exist. then I went into the requirements for the caldav and voila… I missed to install the libawl-php package. Manfred, you are a genius :-)
when I enter the address of my server now I get the screen that I expect. I will still have to test it a little bit but it looks much better than before.

Thanks so much man… Appreciate that push into the right direction.

Hi realshadow,

good to hear that you got it working. Please don’t hesitate to give us feedback if you find other issues.

Manfred

That sounds a bit like you installed Z-Push either from the source tarball or from git. When using the packages, these dependencies should have been resolved automatically.

And updating will be easier.

Hi fbartels

agreed but on RASPBIAN there is no package you can install. So I chose to use the github download. I have another issue which is not related to the topic above and have to create an individual post for that. I also think before I continue I will setup 2.4.0 and use that. While I am testing there is absolutely no reason not to go for the latest version.

regards
realshadow

oh… maybe I was wrong and just my path was wrong. My error log shrunk to… nothing :-) HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

@realshadow said in Nextcloud and z-push - caldav will not sync anything...:

RASPBIAN

since the packages have no architecture depended code imho they should also work on a raspberry pi.

Architectures: i386 amd64 noarch
Codename: stretch
Components: main

Hi @fbartels,

first of all I want to thank you and @Manfred that you helped me out so quickly. Don’t get me wrong I was aware that there is no dependency in regards to the system as it is all developed in PHP. It is so fantastic and I am so happy I was able to make it work. I just finished the Caldav part of the configuration. The only thing left is to finalize my documentation and then finalize the Combined backend. And all of that is running on a small rasberry pi 3. That is so f…ing cool.

Anyway I want to thank you and @Manfred for helping me out and pointing me in the right direction. Keep up the good work. I am really glad that there is stuff like z-push out there that allows me to setup my own server and not being forced to share my data with any of the big firms out there. I like to be in control of my data especially when it comes to personal information and I would consider contact information being personal.

Anyway thanks again so much. You guys are great.

Regards
realShadow