Empty/Broken messages

Hi,
One of our customers has following problem after a database crash, caused by a power outage.

0_1521192619267_Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-16 um 10.29.34.png

The messages are empty, I cannot open the messages, and I cannot delete or move them.
But I can see the subjects in Outlook and via the python interface:

import kopano
server = kopano.Server()
store = server.user("wilfried").store
inbox = store.folder("Inbox")
for item in inbox:
	print(item.received, item.subject)

I tried to the the item.entryid, but I get some strange python messages, so I also tried to delete them with python (by adding the sys utf8 stuff):

import kopano
server = kopano.Server()
store = server.user("wilfried").store
inbox = store.folder("Inbox")
import sys
reload(sys)  
sys.setdefaultencoding('utf8')
for item in inbox.items():
	if 'askari online-shop: so können sie ihr passwort ändern' in item.subject.lower():
		inbox.delete(item)

but then I get the following message back:

>>> for item in inbox.items():
...     if 'askari online-shop: so können sie ihr passwort ändern' in item.subject.lower():
...             inbox.delete(item)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 3, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/folder.py", line 446, in delete
    item_entryids, folder_entryids, perms, props = self._get_entryids(objects)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/folder.py", line 433, in _get_entryids
    item_entryids = [_unhex(item.entryid) for item in items if isinstance(item, _item.Item)]
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/item.py", line 234, in entryid
    return _hex(self._get_fast(PR_ENTRYID, must_exist=True))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kopano/compat.py", line 75, in hex
    return s.encode('hex').upper()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'

Everything else works fine, all other items (mails, calendar items, contacts, z-push…) works pretty well.

Thank you for your help and tips!

For critical/time sensitive things I would always recommend to rather contact our support directly (assuming you have a aubscription).

Mapi objects consist of many rows of data in the database and it seems you have a partly corrupt database. I would recommend to go back to the last clean mysql dump.

The crash happened on March 1st and everything else works perfectly, therefore a recovery isn’t an option, moreover, another one ones again. So there does not exist any tool to repair a mapi object? Or do delete a broken item? kopano-fsck does not help.

Upgrade to f30b628de8f9d334b014b19d0c33aa9233bc5b78 if you have not yet, maybe that fixes it.

Looks like your connection to Kopano Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.