import .vcf file in contacts

Hello All

Is there a way to import contacts in kopano ? I have a .vcf file from thunderbird with
lots of addresses that needs to be imported . The “Import to folder” menu item for attachments suggets it should be possible , but actual results of that import are rather disappointing.
It shows a file in contacts , containg the content of the .vcf file, which is nice , but rather useles.

Wim

Hi @systux ,

as an admin you can easily import such data through python-kopano. An example script can be found at https://stash.kopano.io/projects/KC/repos/kopanocore/browse/swig/python/kopano/scripts/import_rfc.py

@systux said in import .vcf file in contacts:

The “Import to folder” menu item for attachments suggets it should be possible , but actual results of that import are rather disappointing.

I’m sure my webapp colleges would be happy if you could elaborate on that a bit. Importing vcf files is something that was recently being worked on as far as I remember.

Otherwise another easy way that I use without having to run a command is to email yourself the contacts on an Android phone (perhaps it works on iPhone) and provided you have z-push installed, you can just import the contacts in that account, and they will make their way back to Kopano via z-push. Works perfectly.