Connection to Postfix

• Hi,
    as far as I understood right (and as it works for me) Postfix uses virtualtransport for moving incoming mails to the Kopano dagent, which listens on Port 2003 (default).

So, in Posfix main.cf I have the following settings concerning the virtual users / transport.

virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
    virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
    virtual_transport = lmtp:127.0.0.1:2003

As you can see, I only use flatfile (virtual) for my mailboxes and aliases.

How does Kopano know, where incoming emails have to be assigned to? Does it check the kopano-users in kopano-db -> looking up the emailaddresses -> then assigns the incoming mail to the user with the matching emailaddress?

(I am using users which are added via kopano-admin. The users are stored in die Kopano-db)

Thanks for your answers!

• Kopano

Hello @mcdaniels ,

dagent can accept deliveries either to the primary email address of the user, or the username of a user.

• Kopano

Personally I am using the following config with postfix to validate kopano db users:

virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/kopano-domains.conf
    virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/kopano-users.conf
    virtual_transport = lmtp:localhost:2003

And kopano-domains.conf

user = <db user>
    password = <db pass>
    hosts = <db host>
    dbname = <db name>
    query = select value from objectproperty where objectid=(select objectid from objectproperty where value LIKE '%%@%s' and propname='emailaddress' limit 1) and propname='loginname';

kopano-users.conf with the same except for query

query = select value from objectproperty where objectid=(select objectid from objectproperty where value='%s' and propname='emailaddress' limit 1) and propname='loginname';

They are modified from the documentation since I need to check for the e-mail address (different domains on the system) and not the userrname.

• Hello,
    @fbartels - Thanks!

@bosim Thank you for the examples.
    It seems like that I know, what Postfix/Kopano is doing if I use this config:

virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

Mail comes in, Postfix checks the maps -> hands it over to dagent (with the emailaddress) -> so it is assigned to the correct kopano-db-user.

Your SQL query for the kopano-domains deliver only the username. (If I use it the right way):

select value from objectproperty where objectid=(select objectid from objectproperty where value LIKE '%%@%s' and propname='emailaddress' limit 1) and propname='loginname';

Output is a Username, but should be the domain?

I am sure I have a wrong understanding of it…

• Good morning,
    …just playing around a little bit with mysql-queries.

I wonder if the following query would be enough for postfix to check if a mailaddress is existing in kopano-db.

SELECT value FROM objectproperty where propname = 'emailaddress' and value = '%s'

edit: the query seems to work.

• Kopano

Great you got it working. The wierd %s@%s logic is to take out the domains not the users.

Bo

Looks like your connection to Kopano Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.