core-8.6.80.621: German Umlauts broken in the subject line of sent mails

• Hi everyone

i solved my problem! It was made by my own. All Ü’s and Ö’s are stable back again.
    Shamefully the reason was a miss-configuration of the Apache server! No php Problem.
    The error results out of a not enabled “javascript-common.conf” and some enabled mods with conflicts.

Härzlichen Dönk !!!

• Hey zara-kopa,

Could you provide details where you solved the problem in your apache config?
    I got the same error on my fresh install, and I just can’t figure out why.

Thanks a lot and greetings from Nuremberg ;)
    Christoph.

• @chrizzibaer

Here are the enabled CONFS and MODS of my apache2

1_1547981822034_Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-20 um 11.54.36.jpg 0_1547981822033_Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-20 um 11.55.00.jpg

With these -enabled it’s worked for me. The use of php7.2-fpm is still in progress!
    nice weekend from the Ruhrpott

• @zara-kopa i’m running at nginx and also in fpm and still have the problem…
    it is possible that comes from mysql (mariabd)
    The Kollation of kopano innodb is: utf8mb4_general_ci ?

• Hi guys

i come back to my old problem because i think its solved with the latest update (i not update since may 2019) and i leave the umlauts problems…

so i update all including system to 18.04.3 LTS
    (over 200updates) and kopano to 8.7.82.92

after this update spooler & dagent stops working with transport, so i deactivate the plugIns. now the umlauts problem are gone with nginx.

Perhaps it was the option “plugin_enabled = yes” in dagent or spooler. i don’t know but it works now.

• Kopano

@noise said in core-8.6.80.621: German Umlauts broken in the subject line of sent mails:

Perhaps it was the option “plugin_enabled = yes” in dagent or spooler. i don’t know but it works now.

I think the main factor was probably https://forum.kopano.io/topic/2536/webapp-3-5-7-final-available

@noise said in core-8.6.80.621: German Umlauts broken in the subject line of sent mails:

after this update spooler & dagent stops working with transport, so i deactivate the plugIns

Can you give some more details as to the “stops working with transport”?

• @fbartels said in Can you give some more details as to the “stops working with transport”?

i delete my last logs about this but i make some notices for myself…

the services are all running after the update, but send and receive a mail was not possible.

here are my workaround of this, but here are the wrong topic about this ;-)

First logs:

==> /var/log/mail.log <==
    Sep  1 16:00:46 smtp kopano-dagent[16540]: Python traceback is on stderr (possibly check journalctl instead of logfile)
    Sep  1 16:00:46 smtp kopano-dagent[15161]: Python threw an exception:
    Sep  1 16:00:46 smtp kopano-dagent[16540]: K-1731: Unable to initialize the dagent plugin manager: Unknown error code (1).
    Sep  1 16:00:46 smtp kopano-dagent[16540]: < 503 5.1.1 Internal error during delivery
    Sep  1 16:00:46 smtp kopano-dagent[16540]: > QUIT
    Sep  1 16:00:46 smtp kopano-dagent[16540]: < 221 2.0.0 Bye
    Sep  1 16:00:46 smtp kopano-dagent[16540]: LMTP thread exiting

so i found something about the permissions in
    /var/run/kopano/server.sock
    /var/run/kopano/prio.sock

But the rights are corectly, i change only

ls -la /var/run/kopano/gateway.pid
    -rw-r--r--  1 root   kopano    5 Sep  1 17:17 gateway.pid
    to
    chown kopano:kopano /var/run/kopano/gateway.pid
    -rw-r--r-- 1 kopano kopano 5 Sep  1 17:17 /var/run/kopano/gateway.pid

2nd logs are:

Sun Sep  1 18:11:31 2019: [error  ] Use of Python (plugin_enabled=yes) forces process_model=fork
    Sep  1 18:11:24 smtp slapd[1538]: <= bdb_substring_candidates: (cn) not indexed
    Sep  1 18:11:31 smtp kopano-spooler[803]: Python threw an exception:

==> /var/log/kopano/spooler.log <==
    Sun Sep  1 18:11:31 2019: [crit   ] [ 5966] K-1733: Unable to initialize the spooler plugin system: Unknown error code (1).

so i disable plugins to “no” and uncomment directories in spooler & dagent and it works.

• Good evening,
    root cause here:
    https://github.com/Kopano-dev/kopano-core/pull/18

++umgfoin.

• Hi all

i come back again here… 🙈
    i had a lots problem with mapi and search that i now solved, then i upgrade to the latest version. Kaldav i have not installed allreday.

But my umlauts problem has reversed now, webapp and imap (gateway) seems to be ok, but now z-push makes not a right conversion.
    i have also updates z-push

Z-Push:   2.5.1+0-0 
    PHP-MAPI: 8.7.82

The umlauts fail is only at the subject, inside the message there is no problem.

Edit:

1. i delete the device from z-push and do a completly resync,
      by a iPhone and android 9 this not resolve the problem on the iPhnoe, but on the android already.
    2. so i delete the account from iphone and the delete a second time the devices from z push.
      Now it seems to be ok, but not shure how long :-)

• Report:
    the umlauts problem still persists with z-push and also in contacts.
    at the webapp is solved, there i don’t saw anymore.